Hard Ops Thread

the machin3 is always turning.

thanks for that hot tip!

2 Likes

Me and you both my man. :wink:

Dude, you rock, totally sorted. Tucking that away in my “python snippets” file. :smiley::sunglasses:

It’s weird to me that its so easy to unlink objects in the UI, but there’s no way to re-link it, as far as I can tell.

Of course, removing an object from a collection is just that, unlinking it. The problem then is, if an object is only in a single collection and you unlink it, which is - I assume - what happened in your case.

Yeah, must of been somehow. Like you say, you think you could relink it somehow, it’s there in the blender file. At least your code snippet means I’ll have something to use should it occur in the future.

1 Like

@masterxeon1001 When using Hops Helper to create new material, I noticed that unlike the default panel, it does not assign it to the selected object automatically. Is this an intentional design?

nope its a bug. Someday it will be solved. But its not intended.

suggestion is to add the “apply all bool” and “delete all bool” items to the settings

There is no scrolling on the stylus. Can you assign this function to the keyboard(for example hotkey M)?

thanks for the ideas. they’ll be looked into.

By default, you can create a primitive or lattic in a local view (isolation of objects) and it will not be hidden but in hardops if you add lattice in a local view, then the object (lattice) will be hidden.

1 Like

Masterxeon1001 do you check the fluent addon? It has some good ideas for Boxcutter and hOps improvements. And it’s really fluent.
Link https://blenderartists.org/t/fluent-stressless-modeling-tool/
Just check it if you not yet.

Just want to report a couple of bugs in BoxCutter:

If you will add a mirror with 1,2,3 buttons and apply cuts, next time you have to press twice the same buttons to add a mirror (first time it will write “Removed Mirror” in logs, even if mirror modifier wasn’t active).

Previously I asked you to add support for custom navigation (for example, a rotating camera with Alt+left mouse) when the shape is locked, so I can rotate the camera around the object for a better view. You fixed it then, but now it looks like not working anymore.

we’re discussing ways to make mirroring in bc more accessible. I tend to lean towards HOPS for it at this time however. You probably need preserve alt for the rotation issue. Which is in the behavior panel >> input.

let them be.

Thanks, it works with this setting on. For those, who have a similar issue - it’s better to turn it on in addon preferences to make it work by default in new files.

Hi, I have a question. I’m checking out the gumroad tutorial of Jama Jarubaev (introduction to Blender) and in here he’s talking about boxcutter. At some point he uses the spacebar to move the initial draw of the cutter, so he can move it around before committing to it. I have blender 2.8 with the newest boxcutter and can’t seem to find where this option is. Am I missing something?

that was part of the 2.79 version. For 2.8 many of the classic features are being planned for reimplementation since due to the changes of 2.8 a simple port was not possible. For now moving shapes will have to be done via shift to live shape. However we aim to add back the missing features in time.

2 Likes

Getting errors on Boxcutter install when I check the box to activate it in prefs. Using BC 7.1.2.16(is this latest sometimes gumroad doesn’t update this for me?) 2.80 version is 2.80.74.
I’ve tried installing both manually to the addons folder and as a Zip from prefs. Also tried deleting config. No luck. Thanks.