HARDley Quinn

In this work, I wanted to create a more frightening Harley Quinn, based on the features of Margot Robbie’s Harley. The modeling, hair, texturing, sculpting, and detail rendering in Eevee were done in Blender. Final color details were added in Photoshop. I hope you enjoy it.

VIEWPORT RENDERING

8 Likes

Great likeness!

As much as I respect Robbie’s work ethic and great Aussie personality, Harleen Quinzel was really a neither here nor there role for her.

Something about her voice (preference: Melissa Rauch), her features (preference: Samara Weaving) just felt like the balance of “cute, funny, crazy, dangerous, psycho” didn’t quite hit.

And don’t get me started on the edge lord writing in those movies.

End of Harley Fanboi rant :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you! I don’t know the character well enough to decide who would do better or worse, but I understand your point perfectly. By the way, what do you think about Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn?

1 Like

Ohhhh… treading into dangerous waters here.

To start, I wouldn’t treat the Phoenix universe as remotely comic based. The first Joker movie was interesting enough and Joaquin really has the stature to pull off the look, especially in the running scenes where his knees stick out.

However, I’m of the opinion that it was unnecessarily The Joker, they could have just made a movie called ‘Taxi Driver: Clowns’ and nothing else would have changed - I think this was the reason for DeNiro’s role in it.

So, I’ll still go and see Joker:Folie a Deux, and most likely in a theatre because the running time will be obnoxiously long and if I’m streaming, I’ll end up checking the timeline every 30 seconds (and start skipping forward).

But to answer your original question in a long-winded way, Lady Gaga might do a good job of playing the role, but whether or not the role is HQ is probably irrelevant, given the first movie.

1 Like

Nice effort!!

Loved Todd Phillips’s Joker interpretation and for me with Joker:Folie a Deux I def think Lady Gaga has the right amount twisted in her own personal life to make the Harley Quinn role worthwhile.

Interesting to see when or if Bruce Wayne makes his appearance.

:black_heart:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. We’re having a good DC debate here haha

1 Like

Thanks! Perhaps I’ll make a Lady Gaga as Harley fanart.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you Bart! Nice weekend!

1 Like