Hardware issue

Hi, I’m new to this place.
I’ve recently downloaded Blender to try and get a new hobby. When I launched it I saw a glaring issue.

I’m not exactly sure what it is or what to call it, but along with this I’ve noticed that if I were to say, move the cube it would not move, yet it’s outline would. After switching tabs the cube would appear in the spot where it should be, and it would be in the exact same shade of solid gray. Some other times the cube would disappear.
My specs:

• AMD Radeon HD 7670m 2024 MB DDR3
  • Intel i5-3210m 2.50GHz dual-core
  • 6 GB of RAM
  • Windows 8

My drivers are up to date.

Alas, your Radeon GPU is a TeraScale architecture which as per this blog post is sadly unsupported:

Alas the intel GPU in your system being pre-haswell is not guaranteed to work either, but it might be worth a try switching blender over to using it instead. Alternatively you can try using a blender version older than 2.80.

With that said though, I seem to recall @anon27868450 having experimented with running eevee on older AMD GPU’s, might be able to offer some additional feedback perhaps.

1 Like

I have a GPU similar to yours, and as far as I know, it works great I used it up to a couple of months ago (I stressed the developers with bugreports for about a year and they did a good job), now I have moved on to a external egpu gtx 1080 so I don’t know how the situation is at the moment, but it shouldn’t have changed much, you should rigorously download the latest radeon legacy drivers available, I have tested this gpu well on windows 10, so I can’t say if they are problems related to windows 8

2 Likes

They were more or less related to Windows 8. I decided to install Windows 8.1 and install the legacy drivers as you suggested (They couldn’t be installed on 8). Blender runs how it should now. Thank you so much for the help!

1 Like