Has anyone seen this?? (Blender Renderfarm for free!)

Well…

I’m pleased I have provided a useful link. :smiley:

(Or so it seems :wink: )

What I’m wondering is why they providing this for free? I suppose it is in the hope people will upgrade to the paying service and for publicity.

Maybe we can hope to see some (longer) raytraced animations now.

Koba

Yeah, but that’s great - they’re giving out freebies to let their “future”
customers have a taste of what they can experience.

Me for once…If I went trough all the trouble with making a bigger
animated short - I’d certainly pony up some dough rather than
wait 2-3 months for my work to finish, wouldn’t you?

Someone try submitting a yafray animation :wink:

I don’t think it’s his really. but nice link… thx… I just wish it wasn’t all python again.

I had the same problem at first, so I sent them an email. Here is what I got:

So I did try again, and it worked!

All they have is the Blender engine. Yafray is a totally seperate program whose export support has been built into Blender.

yeah i am trying it now.

basicly we are the test subjects to get it working LOL, i bet you that its just a university usign spare computers or somthing for some extra cash LOL.

its a damn good idea though don’t ya reckon.

Alltaken

As for linux and OSX:

This is the body of the email I just recieved from them (in reply to my query about Linux and OSX):

We currently support Linux via Wine, please see the FAQ:https://renderplanet.com/help/faq/We have had quite a lot of requests for OSX support so we will in timerelease a compatible client for it. This will probably be at the same timeas we develop a real Linux client as well. Right now Im expecting themain programmer to come back from vacation (two more weeks), so some timeafter that.Please register on the website and you will receive information when itsavailable.

Cheers,

b01c

RipSting wrote:

animation of an animated ocean

Anywhere this could be viewed? I’d be interested in how it came out and how you accomplished it. If you haven’t already, maybe post it in FP or WIP? Thanks!

I just threw my ocean animation at it that I had here:
https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27746

There’s a tutorial at that post also :slight_smile: