have a look(advice_welcome)

Hey man

Your robots are pretty cool - Very nicely modeled they are (-:

I have a wee crit about the “pillar room” - the texture on the floor appears to be way too big - If you want to go with a wood floor, I’d turn down the reflection, and use a good bump map on it. (Else you could just go with marble - probably easier and looking better too)

Still, Is excedingly good for 2 months work - you must have a great mind for 3d (-:

ah, the yafray render which looks way too dark but i dont know much yafray yet. also the same scence rendered internally

yafray render
http://www.geocities.com/hmr_artzor/8.jpg
the internal image
http://www.geocities.com/hmr_artzor/7.jpg
comments plz also how do you do fog in yafray???
also ambient occlusion didn’t seem to do anything?
i would like to make the robot even shinier in yafray.
:smiley:
bear in mind this is from an animation

the whoosh effect was mblur found in render button because the robot was walking it renders a few frames before and after and mices them i think so if things move they blur!

for the arches in the room make a plane then extrude one side continually each time moving the lower vertex down basically tracing the shap of what you want then extrude all the vertex’s backwards for depth!

hope that helped :wink:

Wow. All of those are just amazing. I happen to like the dark atmosphere in the Yafray render. Also, I’d really like to see the animations…

Oh yeah, you can sort of tell that the pictures are JPEGs because of some artifacts. Some lossless (PNG) still renders would be nice. But I don’t know how much GeoCities would like that…

I like the “cathedral” one the most and I think it has potential. Good textures, a bit of action and a bit of color will make this picture a Winner .

lol, maybe i’ll add a scene with pillars and archway’s just for you
:smiley:

–artz0r–

Incredible! You must have spent the majority of your spare time (which may be extensive) working with blender to get that good that quick. I appreciate the more “realistic” renders more than the cartoon renders, but thats just me. As for your “crap work”, its far better than alot of the posts I and others have cluttered the forum with! Kudos, and I look forward to seeing more from you.

lol, i get to do blender for schoolwork :smiley: :smiley:
so it counts as homework, and yes i was up till 2am most mornings
you see i do design at school which i can do anything for
be it paintings\websites\film\blender lol

–artz0r–

Any excuse to use Blender I use too! :smiley:

I say its for Film and IT :slight_smile:

But yeah. That Yaf looks nice.

But when I saw it at school it looked real dark then I saw it at home and it looked brighter and I could see what was going on.

So its not to good for dark monitors.

Also I only just realised then that they are both the same image. :smiley: