Haven't been around these parts in a while

So does anyone finish projects anymore? Or does everyone still just come here and post:

HAI GUYZZZ!!! I IZ MAKIN DIS TOTALLY KEWL MMORPGFPSRTS WIT DEEZ TTLY KEWL CARACTERZ AND I NEEDZ MODELERZ AND ANIMATERS AND SOWND PPLS AND STUFF SO IF U WAN 2 HELP JUST TELL ME AND I THINK IM GONA CALL NINTENDO AND SONY AND MICROSOFT AND TRY 2 GET IT RELEESED ON TEH WII AND DA PS3 AND DA 360 AND MAKE A LOOT OF $$$$ SO WHOX WID ME?:D:D:D:D:D:RocknRoll::RocknRoll::confused::confused::confused::):):ba::ba::ba::rolleyes::eek::o:o;);):mad::mad::no::no::p:p:evilgrin::evilgrin::spin::spin:

It was posts like that that essentially made me leave BA. Oh and the imfamous “WHY IZ EVRYTHNG DISSAPER WHEN I PRES P???”

:no:

There is a BGE competition in progress (the deadline for submissions has passed). You can find the entrants by going to either the submissions thread (it’s stickied) or look for the pakage that Kupoman put together that contains all of the entries (it’s about a 700mb download).

There are plenty of interesting things in there :wink:

The GE competition has just finished so theres a handfull of complete games you can download, check the stickies for the thread.

Edit: Beaten by moguri :stuck_out_tongue:

hey can you help me with my kewl mmorpfps lol omg rotflmaoihbwiswsf

?rolling on the floor laughing my ass off in hysterics because what I said was so funny"…, just in case you didnt know what it meant.:spin:

I mean, hey

Any good entries thus far?

WOAH! There is some nice stuff there. Hey I’m thinking I want to get into doing some next gen type stuff, so if anyone has a need or an idea? Just any idea for a next gen object exercise.

You should probably learn GLSL, write some shaders ect.

High to low poly bakes would be a good idea, that seems to be what all the new games do these days.

I assume you’re talking next-gen graphics?

Yeah. And I know all that jazz: Make a low poly, make it high poly, bake maps, edit maps in photoshop. I just meant ideas for objects, buildings, etc that I could do as practice.

How about a cyborg with half of their body artificial and the other half encased in a semi-transparent glowing shield holding a laser gun the size of a small car? :evilgrin: