HDRI Wizard

Hi,

as the latest member of my Wizard Series Addons, I want to present HDRI Wizard. As a long time user of EasyHDRI, I always found the usage a little bit to inconvenient. So I wrote this Addon from ground up with identical features of EasyHDRI, but with a total different interface.

Have a look at it:

The interface is completely packed in the header of the 3D View.

Would like to know if you like the idea and about ideas and wishes about future version. You can download it from my Addons website: https://wp.h0bb1t.de/.

Best regards,
Thomas

6 Likes

This is really good, thanks hob-B1T

Congrats dear hob-B1T,
Your job is very useful et top-notch!
Good Luck!

At first glance that looks really good. Thank you!

Hey, @anon12677551, in case you didn’t see this, you might want to check it out (since you recently recommended EasyHDRI to me).

Hi @all,

thanks, nice to know that you all like it. I assume nobody has problems. Otherwise, please report here :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your useful add-on!

I have only one issue: when I add an HDRI map, the sampling setting goes back to Auto, though I have it on Manual. Would it be possible to leave that setting unchanged as per user pref?

Hello @phoe-nix-art,

preserving that single setting wouldn’t be much to do, just 2-3 lines of code, but looking deeper it’s a bit more complex. The reason that value changes is that HDRI-W creates a new world on first HDRI selection. After that, the world does’t change anymore.

So I’ve created a more versatile solution, that allows you to adjust which settings to copy. Just create a file config.json in:
Windows: C:/User/[USERNAME]/.hdri-wizard/
Linux/OSX: ~/.hdri-wizard/

with the following contents:

{
    "world-copy-attributes": [
        "cycles.sampling_method",
        "cycles.sample_map_resolution"
    ]
}

Version 1.1+ will copy all listed attributes in “world-copy-attributes” from the original world to the new one. You can add more settings as you like. I’ve added the Sample Map Resolution above to show how this works. You can find the settings in the UI if you’ve enabled Developer/Python tooltips:

copy-world-example

@phoe-nix-art: I will send you a PN with the new version, would be nice if you can give it a short try and report back if it works as expected. Thank you.

2 Likes