Head and hair go flat when I rotate the bone

So I’ve been working on this model for a year (on and off) I’ve been making strides lately but I seem to run into a new problem every single time I try and work on it.

I manually assigned the separate parts of the hair and face to the head bone, but when I test it in pose mode, the head and hair seem to shrink and go almost 2D (in a 3D animating software XD). I’m not sure how to fix this. I already tried Ctrl+A > Scale but that didn’t work. Please help! I gotta finish this model soon!

You’ll need to post the .blend file for something like this if you want help.

Randy

1 Like

When thing shrink uniformly when you rotate a bone (and, don’t completely follow the bone), it’s usually because the vertices that are shrinking are weighted to some other bone that’s not rotating. Select a vertex on the hair and look on sidebar/item/vertex weights. Look for any groups that it shouldn’t be weighted to and remove them from those groups.

1 Like

Here’s the model. Lemme know if it’s corrupted or something. That’s happened to this model before.

Also, if it’s not too much trouble, could you tell me exactly how you fixed this problem? I want to learn from this.
Thanx in advance!

Hi, as “bandages” said you have other bones weights on the head meshes.
Because all your head meshes are not connected there is a quick way to clear all other weights from the parts that makes your head/hair .
See image explanation :

You will still have problems with unrealistic hair look and intersection because of the simple way this is rigged.

It worked! Thank you!