head mesh apply to body

When I model a head how do I apply it to body topology? Let’s say body in a neck area has 10 vertexes and head in neck area has more. Should I even model a head separately or just extrude it from a body neck to keep body topology?

You don’t have to extrude it from the body,however this way is better.but I’d suggest merging meshes by pressing Alt+m.You might get some triangles,though if you want to have a clear topology you have to avoid those triangles.and not having triangle is totally up to your skills at modeling.

You probably have more edges running down the neck than you need. Post a screenshot of your wires (head, mainly) and you may get suggestions on how to clean up your head topology so it matches the body at the base of the neck.

When I model a head how do I apply it to body topology? Let’s say body in a neck area has 10 vertexes and head in neck area has more. Should I even model a head separately or just extrude it from a body neck to keep body topology?

you can add vertices more on neck in head to match vertices of neck in body. Select vertices loop neck of body and neck of head. Search bar to find Bridge Edge Loop. Enter. It would automatically bridge between body and body. like what I give you an example how it works… So, hope it helps you… Happy New Year