Headphones Grado SR80i

A headphone model of Grado SR80i…
Modeled in Blender 2.66 and Rendered in V_Ray… Any comments and critiques are welcome.I wont be able to update the model but that would but your honest criticism would help me to improve in future. Thanks

The model is availabale here for downlaod
http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-grado-sr80i-headphones/740882?referral=MuaazCGI

Ok, a couple things I notice that could use a little improvement:

1. I’m not sure if this model is based off of a real set of headphones or is your own design, either way the band that goes over the head looks very thin and flimsy to me. If you’re modeling from a real headphone set and the band is really that thin, then I guess you should leave it as is. Otherwise, keep in mind that this is something people will wear on their head, so the headband part should be sturdy enough to fit nicely. All your modeling looks solid to me though.

2. Overall, the textures and materials look really good. Both the little boxes connecting the headband to the earpieces look a little flat, though, as does the triangle piece connecting the three wires. I think those couple details could use a little more work.

3. I find it a little odd to see the wires set as if they are on a table or something, but to not have an actual object under them. At least, it doesn’t look like there is an object under the wires, because they aren’t casting any shadows. This gives the appearance that the object is floating in mid-air. This isn’t really a huge issue, but something that could be fixed to make the wires appear a bit more natural.

Overall, I think you have done a really good job on this. It isn’t flashy, but it does a very good job of displaying the object simply and effectively. Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot for your reply. The model is based on a real world object but I was not having all the reference so maybe it was more wider and triangle piece was maybe more taller height wise. There was only a plane underneath the headphone but I don’t know why it was not casting any shadow. The plane underneath was having a V_Ray emit material maybe that was the reason that there is no shadow. If you know how could I solve the shadow issue please let me know.