Hedgehog

This is our studios little inside project. All except modeling and animation is done in Blender. The grass and environment small details are from Graswald.

anagra.ma

166 Likes

That’s some very nice work :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel sorry for that poor little thing :slight_smile:

Perhaps he ate some bad mushrooms?

5 Likes

He’s really cute, nice work !

3 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Wow, this is awesome! I love the concept of the gravity :smiley: And really nice Hedgehog, having realistic animals is so hard, but you did an amazing job!

3 Likes

Poor hedgehog, he didn’t deserve it… Other than that, stellar work, congrats on the team!

2 Likes

Thanx everyone for warm comments and thanx Bart for feature. No animal was harmed during the production of this short :laughing:

1 Like

Maybe hedgehog was just dreaming? :wink:

1 Like

LOVELY!! very adoreable :wink:

1 Like

Lovely and great animation. Great contrast between softness of zero-g and sheer panic of hedgehog. Great render too.

Hadrien

1 Like

Wow awesome work here! He is so cute!!! So lovely!!!

1 Like

Why not model & animate in Blender as well? Just curious where you started in.
But it looks great!

2 Likes

I’m sure Blender would handle both modeling an animation well, but my teammates who were working on this with me do not use Blender. Yet :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Amazing work. Congrats.

1 Like

But what…?!? Ok, simply unreachable… fantastic work!

2 Likes

very nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

cute hedgedog, excellent work!

1 Like

Thinks like that totally ruin spending money on a 3d software, well except add-ons and resources.
Which you would tell more about how the fur and needles done.

1 Like

Nothing too fancy. Separate hair particle systems for each body part. Needles are hairs with big width with ramp mapped to height, although they didn’t look good without sss. Skin is basically a principled bsdf with sss scale adjusted for different bodyparts. I think i managed to get it work with eevee, here is a little screencap.

5 Likes