Help a noobie ;)

Hi Everyone,

I’m making my way through a bunch of different tutorials, but I’m trying to see if there is a better way of doing this rather than push/pulling.

I’m trying to customise a 3d model with a flag. It has a raised symbol on a wavy flag, like the flag is blowing in the wind. I’m trying to find a tutorial on an easy way to remove the symbol and have it line back up to the shape of the wave in the flag.

I’m not sure if it helps, but in this instance the symbol looks like it was pushed into place, kind of like pressed metal, rather than the Symbol having been place on top off the flag surface.

Hiya,

Can we get a screen shot? Are you using modifiers? Shrinkwrapping? Is there enough topology for the symbol to wrap to the wave in the flag? The shrinkwrap can flatten your object so you may need to change settings, or use another object to shrinkwrap to the flag and then parent your symbol to that object. Something along those lines but you’d need to research shrinkwrap etc if that is actually what you are talking about here.

It seems to be easier to model a new flag instead of reengineer the end product.

Here is a screen shot. I’ve imported the model (stl), so there are no existing modifiers etc. I’ve tried push/pull, scrape tool, so I’m thinking there has to be a better way of doing it.

The raised area is what I would to take away so its a clean flow. I’ll take a look at shrinkwraping thanks.