[HELP] Hide Spot Light Dashed Lines

Is there any way to hide the dashed lines that appear when you create a spot light? I’ve a bunch of lights clustered together and it makes selecting what I want a challenge.

I’ve unchecked relationship lines in the display tab within the 3D view and that did not do the trick. Checking only render in the same tab hides the lights entirely. I’m led to believe that I’m looking down the wrong avenue.

Thanks for your help!

In outliner you can select the lamp and/or make other lamps not selectable (arrow icon)
Holding down Alt key when selecting gives the option to select an object if there are multiple objects overlapping each other
Name your lamp objects so you know which is which and so you know which lamp you are wanting to select

Thanks for the advice, Richard. Your suggestions help me select things much easier however those dashed light lines are still an eye sore.

I’ve resulted to moving them to another working layer so that I can hide them for now but if anyone knows how to hide the dashed lines please let me know!

Thanks!

Did you ever find an answer to this? I’m having a similar issue and boy is it ugly to look at. :confounded:

Hi, pacermike, while I did not find a mechanical solution for this problem I did find develop a workflow to better manage the situation.

As I mentioned in my last post I ended up placing the lamps across a variety of layers. Additionally, I would create an empty node in the Outlier then parent a bunch of lamps to the node so that I could select the lamps as the node’s children and manipulate their properties including their visibility or selectability.

It took about an hour of practice before the whole process became second nature. Give it try and good luck!

Yes I am having the same problem. I do not have the right vocabulary to find the answer on google. I want to hide the lines. I want to hide the shape of hte light in the vewport. I do not want the dashed lines to show in my viewport for design choices in vewport mode they are in the way. I can not make good design choices if those lines are all over the place. So I guess the only solution is to render the scene ? each time I want to see how a design will actually look ? I am not sure how to say I want to hide the light without stopping the light from working. I save a screenshot and those light lines are in there I do not want them to show up. But if I hide the lights they stop shining. Is there a way to have my light shine and not have it show the lines that the lights make to show their presents. ?

I’m new to blender and had the same issue (i think), under “viewport overlays” (the 2 little circles with the hollow one overlapping the full one), find and uncheck “Relationship Lines”.

Hope this helps someone.

Just use “Sow Overlays” in top rigt corner . [blender 283]