help! How can i mass-remove modifiers?

so i have a pretty large number of objects that i’m duplicating and moving around, for hair strands. And blender is freezing every time i do. I figured out why. theres a dynamic paint modifier on each one, because i was messing around with it on the first one, and forgot to remove it. I’ve now duplicated that hundreds of times

I’ve tried selecting all the objects and removing it, but that only seems to remove from one of them. And i can’t join them together because the re-separation destroys all their individual rotation points.

Is there any way without having to delete the modifiers one by one, by hand? is there maybe a way to mass-replace them with a fixed copy?

1. set up one object with the modifiers you want (or no modifiers).
  2. select all the objects in question
  3. Shift-select the object from step 1
  4. Press CTL-L, select “modifiers” – this will link the modifiers from the active object (the last one selected) to all selected objects
2 Likes

oh wow, perfect! You’re a lifesaver :slight_smile:

is there a way to also set the applied texture on all of them at once? i actually just want them to render solid, but they’;re displaying a texture instead

I was going to suggest the same as daren. But if you have a mixed sets of modifiers and/or different modifier orders, might need to remove just that one. This should remove dynamic paint modifier from selected objects when you run it in python console

[[obj.modifiers.remove(mod) for mod in obj.modifiers if mod.type == "DYNAMIC_PAINT"] for obj in C.selected_objects]
2 Likes

thank, but no need. i did just want to remove all modifiers.

What i want to do now is mass-set their maximum draw type to Solid, so i can set he scene to textured without them also being so.

That can be done by selecting the objects, setting the maximum draw type to the active, right clicking on the dropdown and choosing ‘copy to selected’.