Help: Is there an Add-On that let's you import .max file into Blender?

Hello everyone)
Since I posted my email here, I’ve got tons of emails asking for conversion max files to blender.
Sorry that I cant answer to all of them

But fortunately I might got a solution for this problem!
Check out this plugin from 3DtoAll

Nice tool.
It is something like copy - paste from one to the other.
But, you still need 3ds Max.
There is still no direct import of .max files in Blender.

Yeah that’s true) But not sure if you need license for conversion. Maybe it use some libraries from 3dsmax. Need to test it

See If this Works This is old Add-on I found from GitHub Blender :smiley: this work for new blender 2.83.16 LTS

io_scene_3ds.zip (24.8 KB)

This imports only .3ds files, not .max files.

You still need 3dsMax to export a file to a compatible extension for Blender (obj/fbx).

Could you help to convert my files also sorry but my pc doesn’t support to open 3ds max software it’s a mid range pc when open it automatically stoped so please help me

I am use Macintosh only. I do not have Max application.
I do use Blender 3.3.0 Alpha right now but I unable to import lion.max to Blender.
I can send .zip and you may convert to .FBX , .blend , or .obj also .3Ds import file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ixb9lupejwboxb/Lion.zip?dl=0

Did you try some off the online converters?

Does anyone know HOW to convert a Max animated file to a blender file. I tried with b Max but it doesn’t work. I tried direct export from 3ds Max to fbx and dae, and then to blender, it doesn’t work. I tried online converting and that didn’t work either. I would buy Max to Blender 3.2, but no one guarantees that it will work, and they ask for a credit card number, and I only have a pay pal account. Is there any solution???

Use fbx converter from autodesk. To try other fbx versions.

I’ll try but I’m running out of options. Do you have links from those sites. Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

Simply type autodesk fbx converter on your search engine. You ll find it.
I always use it to make fbx file compatibles with blender.

scam site^^