help me with my game

hey. I have a problem. I’m making a game. In the game the camera keeps going thru the walls. help me please. oh and by the way when this game is ready i will let you guys know. and when i get it ready will i be able to turn it into a exe file or sth that everybody can play it not just the people who have blender. plz help.

Go to save- then runtime. That should make it an exe file.

i tried to do it but the exe file doesn’t work . it says that the file python32.dll wasnt found and wants that file

I am assuming that when you are close to a wall and turn, the camera swings into the wall and goes through it.

I made a fps that this happened with so I made sure the camera was inside the first persons collision sphere and there was no way that the camera could get in the way.

You have to have the sdl.dll and python23.dll in the same folder that your published exe is in and this should work(Just copy and paste from the blender folder)

I hope this helps

Dr S

but i’m making a third person game :-?

try doing a search for a demo called phil.blend it had third person camera setups that zoomed in if it went thru a wall

:smiley: Good old Andy… Camera tutorial.

http://www.blending-online.co.uk/8501/49279.html

Jason Lin

Blenderist:

i tried to do it but the exe file doesn’t work . it says that the file python32.dll wasnt found and wants that file

To run an exe you must have python32.dll, python24.dll, and SDL.dll in the same directory or folder as the exe. These files can be found in the same folder as your blener insalation. If you have trouble finding them still, just do a full system search for the files. That might take a while though.