Help radial array geometry nodes!

I was following an erindale tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsivpRAxvLg&t=447s&ab_channel=Erindale) on how to create a texture that repeats radially.
I’m interested in creating a texture to use as a displacement and if I can do it via geometry nodes I avoid having to bake and then use the displacement modifier.
What the group of nodes in the first photo should do is divide the space into 6 sectors, find the (angular) center of each of these, using sine and cosine to find the coordinates of this center to which I add the “classic” coordinates. Finally I rotate the system thus obtaining so as to have in each sector a coordinate system orthogonal to the sector bisector.
Outside of the node all I do is take the x axis and do a greater than then use this value as an offset for the z axis of a set position.
If everything worked correctly I should have a hexagon (more or less like the one in the figure) which however is full and not “dashed”.
You know what I’m doing wrong?
Every tip is gold.

The Gradient Texture should be set to Radial mode but still the rotation will be incorrect.

You can try this setup instead:

array_c.blend (123.3 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, could you also explain in wich way they were wrong?