Help? Timeline issue! I can't find my keyframes no matter what I do

So I’m working on a project for a friend, it’s an animation that I’ll edit into a VHS/analog style after, but i have an issue. I was using a lot of shader nodes on different materials, and some of those materials and key frames just wont show up literally no matter what i do. I accidentally made my animation too short, and tried to fix it via negative key frames, but you can’t render starting at negative frames… so there the issue begun. I can’t just move my timeline since i have invisible/missing animation, and i can’t render negative key frames… so… what can I do? I really do not want to re-animate that fade in on 100 different materials… If there’s no good solutions, Blender, Please! Please! look into this bug! (using 4.0!)

By default, there is a filter that is forcing Dopesheet to show keyframes only for selected objects.

You can disable this Only Show Selected filter in right side of header of all Animation Editors (except Timeline).
If you just do that, you will still not see keyframes of hidden objects.
You have to enable Show Hidden filter, next to it.

When those changes are done ; it does not matter what is your selection or what objects are hidden : you should be able to see all keyframes in scene in Dope Sheet or Graph Editor.

1 Like

Hey! thanks for the sugestion, but i’ve already tried that and have it set, i’m still having this issue though, alot of these “simple” fixes still aren’t working and i’ve tried youtube and google but i’m still at a loss. (Also it’s the dope sheet)

Thank you so much for the suggestion.

well i found the issue, there are two places to fix “only show slected” needed to be off and i also needed to do

“show hidden” in the lil setting thingy. so it’s fixed!