Help with paper simulation

Hello, I am new to blender, but have transferred from maya and modo. I was wondering if there is any way to create a “falling paper” simulation with the built in physics (or faked animation if need be). This would be like dropping a single sheet of printer paper and having it float back and forth while falling due to air resistance. I have attempted using cloth and soft body physics on a flat (or solidified) plane, but I can’t even get it close to what I would like. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Yes this is definitely possible and the cloth simulation is the way to go.
You might want to check the following tutorial from cgcookie:

Thanks for the reply! that is definitely useful, but not exactly what I was looking for…sorry. I created an industrial printer and am trying to get the paper fall out of it and into a bin below. Whenever I use physics for that it looks like a rag falling, bending in all different directions.

Hi, may you can use this as a start point.

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/16424

Cheers, mib.

Hi i was looking for something simular. Im trying to add something like cloth to give it more of a paper simulation. But the pieces start falling through now. Is there a manner how i can give it a more realistic look. The pieces are solid and i want them to move a bit while they fall to the ground