Help with render multicamera on a renderfarm

Hello i need some help to figure out what i am doing wrong on the following problem - I been using the SheepIT Renderfarm since my PC isnt that great . I did setup multicameras and insert them on the timeline like this :

When i tried to render on the renderfarm it only renders the view from the camera that is active.I wonder how can i fix it ?

Is the camera Bind with Mark?
If it’s not, is it just a mark

Already tried by camera Bind with Mark still rendering only 1 camera out of 4 on the renderfarm . screenshot :

You need to select a camera, select a frame as current and hit Ctrl + B while hovering the mouse over the timeline to make a marker and bind that camera to it at the same time, then bind different cameras to different frames. It works in SheepIt. I have rendered exactly like this many many times(last time was a few years ago to be completely honest, but that’s standard functionality, so it must work).

What exactly do you mean by “multicameras”? There is no such general term. Are you using an add-on?

Does it render normally on your PC?
Didn’t you test it

Connecting the camera to the mark is a simple function.
You can set it up somewhat incorrectly, but it’s weird that it doesn’t work just because it’s called a render farm. :thinking:

Try Addon another way. (Free)

Add-ons are actually not likely to work on SheepIt. Scripts are disabled for security and I doubt it can support all existing add-ons. I think some add-on might be the reason behind this problem.

2 Likes

I am not using addons , i just call it multicamera because of the multiple cameras . I did the bind mark and tested it on the farm again and still doesnt work , while on my pc seems to work . Also noticed on SheepIT i have the following message before i press okay to render my project :

Sorry… I’m not sure. :sweat_smile:

Someone familiar with this can give you information, but it might be better to get it through SheepIt forums or discord.

https://www.sheepit-renderfarm.com/forum/

Already made a post in their forums and havent got feedback yet , do you want me to post my blender project here so you could give it a look and see its some configuration thats causing the issue ?

I am familiar with this. It’s supposed to work. Always worked.

@Paga, would you be willing to share the file maybe stripped to the bare minimum to reproduce the issue?

I think I have loads and loads of points on SheepIt that I am not going to use anyway, so I can test it as well.

1 Like

Sure let me send you the blend through private message since it doesnt allow me to post since i am new here

I think you will need to use some file sharing website like wetransfer or something like that.

I assume you are using the current version - 4.1, right?

Yes , https://www.filemail.com/d/emhjohnfjwyswey this is the link

You have stereoscopy enabled:

I suspect that’s the problem.

But without that , am i able to go through multiple cameras on the timeline ?

Sure, it has nothing to do with cameras on the timeline. That’s standard functionality.

Have you test to render it without the stereo option ?

Yeah, it’s stuck in the farm now.

Yeah it works fine with stereoscopy disabled.

Wow thank you so much . Ive kinda spent the last 2-3 days figuring out this and seems it only required to disable the stereocospy . If you dont mind me asking another question related with this , how can i render with images on , i had a image of a dawn in the window to make it appear like its morning but on the farm it didnt show the image

Not sure what you are talking about. As long as you don’t use scripting or some functionality affecting file output and follow the guidelines written in the upload page it will render pretty much anything that uses all the standard Blender’s functionality. It might get tricky with physics simulations. You need to pack images to the file or a zip archive though as it’s clearly stated in the instructions.

Try to avoid sending too many jobs this easy to render and small though. They just waste the farm’s resources. Aim to follow the guidelines and make your (split)frames equivalent to around 20 minutes on reference machine.

The farm is not meant to save you half an hour, it’s meant to save you days.