Help with stylized hair

So recently, I’ve been trying to make stylized hair for my character that would take on the form of a number of large strands like this:

These large hair strands are supposed to be clumped together and attached to the armature so that the individual hairs could be posed in various different ways, with the end result looking similar to this:

hair_example

The problem I’m having is that I don’t know what’s the best way of duplicating the hairs around the one hair I’ve made. I tried looking into using a radial array to achieve this but thus far I haven’t had much success.

Does anyone having any suggestions on what I can do? Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

extrude some faces from a cylinder or half sphere?

sculpt.

Okay, I changed the example picture of what I’m trying to accomplish in my initial post because its extremely misleading.

I’m trying to duplicate the one hair strand I’ve made so far into a circle that would encompass the initial strand, looking something like this when viewed from directly above:

hair_example_2

Geo Nodes coulod do this for you, or any other instancer in Blender.

Okay, I finally managed to figure out how to duplicate the hairs. I actually figured it out a while ago, I just haven’t gotten around to mentioning it until now.

Anyways, I figured out how to use the array modifier to duplicate the individual hairs, although I’m not sure if the way I personally went about it was the most efficient method.

Sorry for wasting everyone here’s time, but I still appreciate the help even though I went about fixing this issue in a completely manner.

Thanks!

??? Considering the simplicity of the geometry, what was the issue???

Duplicating the hair strands in a way that they would be arranged like this:

hair_example_2

There are seven. It took longer to type that message than it would to place those manually.