Help!

HELP! :worried:
I am trying to model this Epiphone Les Paul.

Everything was going all right until i got to modeling the pickguard.

I have tried a couple of different approaches but just cant get it right. The topology keeps getting messed up.
I would rly appreciate it if someone could send me a gif or a video on how to do it.
Here is where i am at currently:

TY :smile:

1 Like

Please edit your topic title to be more specific - it will help you get more responses.

2 Likes

Where exactly are you getting stuck? You seem to be doing just fine. Im not going to model the whole thing and make a video of it, but i’ll gladly look at a specific part of the process

1 Like

Why don’t you try the shrinkwrap modifier? It can deform the pickgurard on to the body, without altering the topology too much (just warping it over the curvature).

Looking at the pickguard on my Les Paul it doesn’t look difficult. It is only a flat piece of plastic that is kept clear of the body by metal angle strip. I think I would extrude a vertex around the shape using a reference background image, extrude the vertices inwards a little way to produce a loop of faces around the edge and then fill the resulting area with quads. Use a solidify modifier to add thickness and you are done!

The hardware on the body looks pretty good and general shape is there but a Les Paul body raises in the middle (arch top) and as @lockettpots says, the pickguard is a flat component supported by a bracket.

@Amzat_Khan Modelled from my Les Paul

So, how exactly am i supposed to raise the middle? Adding a loop cut doesn’t help as it cant go round the whole thing.

1 Like

Model it from a seperate mesh

1 Like

It looks as though you have modeled the face of the guitar as one large n-gon. If so you are going to have problems I’m afraid. If you could make your .blend file available for members to download and look at you are more likely to get fuller advice.

@Azmat_Khan. You might find this webpage useful
https://www.behance.net/gallery/3109867/1976-Gibson-Les-Paul-Custom
The author describes how he made the 3D model with lots of screen shots