Help...

Well, the problem is i can’t get Blender 3D to work…

The screen firstly shows the top half of the prog, but the bottom half becomes visible when my cursor is over it, but this obscures the vision of the top half…

I looked around the site for help, and i’ve drawn to the conclusion that it is most probably my Graphics Card, which i know s.f.a. about. :frowning:

This was taken from the Blender.org

Blender’s display may become blurred and unreadable (view example) if hardware anti-aliasing is turned on for OpenGL. Please turn off OpenGL anti-aliasing in your graphics driver settings to correct this behaviour. The OpenGL anti-aliasing options are most commonly found in the Advanced Display Properties.

I cannot seem to find the OpenGL on/off so i think that’s where the problem lays… Can someone help?

try going into your control panel, and clicking the icon that looks like a monitor. that should pull up your display options. also look for an icon for your video card on the taskbar. it might be in there too.

Oh sorry, i forgot to mention that i tried that. :expressionless:

It seems that all i could do with the Graphics Card is change the driver itself or change the refresh rate…

Is there any hope? lol

the refresh rate is under the advanced button

what graphics card?
what os?
tried newest drivers?

have you tried different color depths? [16 bit instead of 24 or 32 for example]

what graphics card?
what os?
tried newest drivers?

have you tried different color depths? [16 bit instead of 24 or 32 for example][/quote]

It’s an old comp :smiley: lol.

3dfx Voodoo3 :expressionless:

Well, i’ll try 16 bit, it’s at 32 just now.

OS = ? (And here was me thinkin’ i’m comp literate 8) )

3dfx has HORRIBLE openGL support.

Martin

what graphics card?
what os?
tried newest drivers?

have you tried different color depths? [16 bit instead of 24 or 32 for example][/quote]

It’s an old comp :smiley: lol.

3dfx Voodoo3 :expressionless:

Well, i’ll try 16 bit, it’s at 32 just now.

OS = ? (And here was me thinkin’ i’m comp literate 8) )[/quote]
I was asking for your operating system [particularly version of windows]

but theeth is right, opengl [particularly a lot of what blender does] doesn’t work well if at all on 3dfx cards.

[I’d almost be willing to bet money that you would get blender running better in linux with that card than in windows]

that said, I have a simple suggestion

get a geforce 2 mx

they’re like $40 and run blender surprizingly well. They support more than blender uses too, so you ought to be able to play some 5 year old games.

So basically i’m up sh*t creek without a paddle? :expressionless:

And there is nothing i can do with this card to make Blender work? :-?

It isn’t compulsory for me to have Blender, i was just hoping to be able to create interesting things with a program such as Blender.

ISn’t there any d/l’s i could use to get Blender working at all?

Can someone make some sense of this for me?

'import site' falied; use -v for traceback
sys_init:warning - no sitedirs added from site module

This is the message i get as Blender opens…

If I search the forum for “import site” I find:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 threads about what to do.

But since you’re evidently too lazy to actually look through old posts, I’ll say it again (and add another thread to my list for next time…)

Blender uses python to run scripts which some people write to add functionality to blender (eg import/export scripts, procedural modelling, etc). Blender comes shipped with a cut-down version of Python, and includes some, but not all, of the modules these scripts may need to run.
If you don’t intend to use these scripts you can ignore the error, also some scripts will run fine on the supplied modules, you can ignore it then too.
But if you want to run more complex scripts, get Python2.3.4 from http://python.org/2.3.4

Some of the threads I quoted above say you need Python2.2.x, but this is no longer the case, blenders 2.26 to 2.32 needed Python2.2.x, but we now need Python2.3.x (before blender 2.26 it used python2.0.1)

Thanks Phlip, I thought it was the actual problem, but after reading those threads I now know that it isn’t too relevant to my problem.

I’ll try out that opengl32.dll file that was mentioned in one of those threads, and hopefully get it working. :-?

If I remember correctly, there used to be some hacked drivers floating around the net that enabled OpenGL support on 3Dfx cards - I managed to get it working ages ago on an old Voodoo Banshee. I don’t know where you can find those drivers now (try google?) but in any case you’re going to get pretty lousy performance in any 3D app with that card. Take zero_d’s advice and pick up a cheapie GeForce2MX. It’d definitely be worth it.