Henschel Hs 129 "Tank Cracker"

Did some work on the damn nose. That thing is a tricky SOB. Very different and hard to make the gun grooves. Sort of nailed it though. Upper part of the nose is under-lapping while the sides are over lapping.

Messing around with the textures in gimp and it’s been fun.

Here’s the node set up.

The bottom texture node is bringing the bumped rivets and lines while the top one is bringing the camo colors.

I’m curious though, the rivets, lines, and the panels are the only thing to be bumped right?

Worked with some colors :RocknRoll: Using Witold Jaworskis gloss paint shader group; I think I’m missing something in the group but I’ll work on it.

Taking a break from Blender, I’ll be back in around a week.

Thank you everyone who has helped me. Really appreciate it!

Oh man this is looking good! I especially like the engines. Do you know what you are going to do with this model once its done? I can’t wait to see it fully textured!

Shading Plane Paint is not easy

Here check this out, Great insperation, the planes materials are awesome:

Stalingrad CGI VFX Breakdown:

Thanks man! Yea, the engines are quite captivating.

I’m just gonning to do static renders of it I guess. That’s all I’ve really thought of right now. Maybe a small animation of it firing its guns but that’ll be some time down the road.

WOW. That was epic. Thanks for sharing. You can’t tell these days what’s CGI and what’s not.

Haven’t posted anything for a while so did some renders. Made the cockpit glass… and… yup. That’s it LOL. Need to make the cables which attach the back of the plane to the tail. Still some modeling to do here and there. It just keeps popping up. Haven’t even touched the inside of the cockpit. Not going to make it VERY detailed, just a chair and the yoke… that’s what it’s called right? The stick which you fly with LOLOL. Taking it nice and easy. No rush with the textures or even the modeling. Slow and steady.

1000 render samples and still fire flies :confused:

Looks really good! And I can confirm that the texturing of an airplane is not easy task indeed. Good luck!

Thanks man! :smiley:

I bet it is, but I’ll keep at it.

It was interesting to make the antenna wires since there are no close up pics of it for the henschel. Instead I’ve used some other planes wire and I’ve improvised the pieces which the line hooks on to. All the lines are curves and the curls are made through the screw modifier.

Good job on the antenna bro!!..it’s slowly coming together and once you start putting colour on it, it stops being a mesh and becomes more and more a real thing, it start taking a life of it’s own.

Hopefully I’ll get up to speed with mine in the following weeks, so I’m glad about it! Couldn’t recover the files, they were corrupted beyond repair :frowning: So sadly back to square one!!..but never mind the experience is still there :wink:

Thanks bro! Really appreciate the support :slight_smile:

Damn. That really sucks.

I know you can do it again man. And even better this time! :wink: Just remember to backup the files! Be sure to update us on your progress on your thread!

Textures baby!!

I was sooooooooo excited to work on the cockpit for some reason. Worked on it. The chair needs to be moved up away from the back and un-tilt it a bit. The straps, a few dials and levers need to be added. No way in hell I’m going to do renders of the inside of the cockpit so I’ll leave it somewhat rough.

I’ve been thinking about working on the ailerons but this plane doesn’t really have them. All I could find was where the wings attach themselves to the main body that’s where the wings have a slightly raised section. Other than that I can’t find anything LOL.

Plus be careful with the remove doubles feature. It can really screw up some things. As you all know my planes very front section of nose is quite wacky. I go in la di da and remove doubles thinking it’ll make things easier to handle. AWWWW HELLLL NAWWWWW. I tried to move things around and I found out the SOB merged the doubles with the other vertices. The whole topo was quite messed up. So be careful Blender bros.

Some more work.

Attachments

Some orthographic renders. The next update will show real work on the textures. Enough with the damn plain renders.