Heritage Building Update: Animation Test Pg3

That will be great.
I’m very interested in just how you
built this up.

:slight_smile:

well i decided that i wasnt happy with the direction this model was going in so i took a step back and decided to go back to an old back up and try a different path, i think the results are better, but its up for discussion, id like to know what you all think.

and due to popular demand the handrails are back :smiley:

timmeh
http://home.iprimus.com.au/snapper63/test14.jpg

Yes this new one you just posted is better.
The ends you added sort of match the front
where the stairs are at.

I do have more comments but I’m going to wait till
you get more work done on this.

I look forward to more updates.

well im definitely liking this direction more…ive starting working towards the roof and details now.

c&c welcome as always

timmeh

http://home.iprimus.com.au/snapper63/test15.jpg

Wow, incredible detail :o !
I could never model like this…
Personally, I don’t really mind which you go for, the direction you chose seems fine.
Good luck!

Looking good! Only question I have is about the space between the columns on the front entrance. It just seems kind of narrow and not much room bewteen the handrails and the columns. Again, that’s the only crit I have. This is great!

WOW :o :o
OK… Thats too good! Get out! I don’t want to compete with you. :wink:

Keep it up… It realy looks faboulos (Or how it spells)!

I prefer this one as well. Great modelling timmo.

Just keep up the good work and I hope you do the textures justice in the end as well.

BgDM

just a small update, i’ve added curtains to the scene, they will be staying, but i’ll most likely be redoing them…they are mostly just place holders so i can see the render nicely. at this point im kinda running out of ideas, so let me know if you have any. oh also the small script i made which generates the nice curtains is over on the python scripts forum for those who’d like it, unfortunately you cant really see how good they look in these test images…

timmeh

http://home.iprimus.com.au/snapper63/test16.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/snapper63/test17.jpg

Awesome! Keep up the great work.

well i feel i’ve basically finished all the exterior modelling now, anyways i’m unsure whether im going to completely texture it nicely, because its going to be a night scene. anyway if there is enough demand i will do a daytime render.

i have a small animation test i’ve done for those interested…about 3meg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/snapper63/test.avi

timmeh

well i’ve finalised the outside completely now. i have done a feasibility animation to see what camera movement plus the lightning looks like and am quite impressed. i’m going to begin work on the inside now so that i can animate everything at once towards the end.

the animation for all those interested. Xvid 1.1meg www.sutabi.tk/timmeh/anim4.avi

timmeh

wow, that awesome! :o nothing more to say :wink:

i am prying for the texture, can you open some of the cutains a bit and shine some light out lol sorry im just amazed this is verry nice.

aargh, i’m gonna get a player who reads all divX Xvid and all that things… medioa player doesn’t work.

only crit: i should make the steps smaller, like somebody already said, that gives a really big feeling.

i think it looks more like a 19/early 20th century bankbuilding.

superdetails!

The building looks beautiful.

The only complaints I have are:

* the vid file (second one, with camera movement) seems to show a lot of corruption when played with Windows Media Player 10. When played with VLC, it looks fine;

* and, the lightning flashes don't seem quick enough. Lightning strobes lots of times per second and lasts for (I'm guessing) about half a second.

But these are minor points. The building is excellent. I was thinking about making a little city centre with big, repetetively enlarged buildings. But you’ve put me to shame now.

YES! i can see divX

very nice movie, with even more details. but bobulous is right, lightning is faster.

thanks for all the great replies guys. i appreciate the feedback.

ok just some feedback on the feedback ive gotten :

a.) the stairs will be staying the way they are, large stairs was a design feature of mid 19th century architecture, and it does give the building a nice sense of grandeur that i like.

b.) the lightning speed i agree appears wrong, even though its physically modelled, and much less that half a second flash intervals (its actually 3 frames, so for 25fps thats about 1/10th of a second) anyway i think it has to do with the fact that our eyes see a logarithmic falloff rate but this isnt modelled in the lightning script that i used, perhaps i’ll modifiy it to suit.

c.) i actually looked at various pictures of mid to late 19th century banks and post offices before i modelled this image, so it does have that feeling even though it is a house.

regarding the vid corruption in WMP10 i’m thinking thats a bug with WMP10 because it’s fine in WMP9 and all the otherplayers i’ve tested it in.

thanks for the crits guys.

timmeh

timmo -

Been following the thread and as I keep going through posts, the images just get better and better. Kudos, dude, kudos. :o

Two things:

1. if you use a day scene, the darker rooms and lighter outside might mean you don’t have to worry about modeling insides - you can’t see in a darker house during the daytime…

2. you are a detail junkie, so would a street be over-the-top? You know, a curb, gutter, sidewalk, a few storm drains? Fire hydrant for the occasional dog to find relief with? Even an old-fashioned bench with the cast-iron legs?

Really really spiffy.

c.