Heroic fantasy airship

Hi ,
My name is Gabriel and i’m french ( sorry for my english ) ans this is my first thread on this forum :slight_smile: . It is an airship in a heroic fantasy style .Rendered with Yafaray ( 13 hours ).

http://pix.nofrag.com/5/2/a/44cb949deeb6d8d9d250104b5fa8ctt.jpg

This boat will fly in the middle of a city (not finished yet ). Here is a render of this future city.

http://pix.nofrag.com/c/3/b/b1ec9e0a56888e091acc1443917f2.html

Oh, it reminds me a little of Skies of Arcadia. I’m anxious to see what the final result will be! Excellent work thus far.

cant wait to see the rest of this image
thus far thus good, do you have a higher resolution image of this?

The ship is really nice, I like a lot the sail shaped as in junk-boats.
The city is pretty damn impressive too, all the details… wow.

Gabich, this is looking really exciting. Thanks a lot for posting this. I too can’t wait for the final render. Would you mind sharing the number of polys in your final scene (city and ship)?
You should give a thought to rendering this in Indigo or in Vray.
Make sure you keep us posted on the progress.
Bonne chance!
Bertrand

Wonderful!

Excellent! I love the style and look of the airship, and the city is beautiful.

I definitely second what BbB said about rendering the city with Indigo, it’d add a lot to your awesome scene.

Wow … nice… I love it.

Welcome to BlenderArtists!
And what a great first post, simply stunning detail!

this is AWESOME

Great Work!!

hi great render. what lighting method are you using for this work?
btw thanks for using yafaray

!!!
That’s crazy! The detail on both the boat and city is amazing, I have to say that this is some of the best renderings that I’ve seen from yafray, especially lately, I have only one critique, and I’m sure this was going to come later, but the city could use some mist/atmosphere.

Darn good,
Tim

yaf(a)Ray has volumetric features, so this would be a good oportunity to use them

incredible :smiley: that’s really reall good. I gotta learn me up some yafray…

I can’t see the render, might just be me though. i see the posted picture, but link no work

absolutely fantastic…

Can’t wait to see this finished, the level of detail is very nice, so are the materials you used…

For the City you’ll have to work on the lighting, though, it needs much more depth/contrast!

Do you have any WiP thread on that one that one could follow?

Thanks a lot ! :o
-Vitaly :“do you have a higher resolution image of this?”
>Not yet . If i have the time i will do it .

-BbB:"Would you mind sharing the number of polys in your final scene (city and ship)?
You should give a thought to rendering this in Indigo or in Vray. "
>The boat have 954 956 faces but i make a version with less polys for the final render ( with 523 768 faces ) .Currently , the city have 739 429 faces ( without any ships ) .I think i will have 2 millions faces for the final render .
For the moment , i’m focus on Yafaray’s render ( i love Yafaray :D) but i will try to render the picture with Indigo (but i got a lot of errors with my texture ) and maybe Vray ( never try ) .

-Alvaro :“what lighting method are you using for this work?”
> i use photon mapping;).

• Tcrazy : “but the city could use some mist/atmosphere.”
    >I’m agree with you , i will use mist .

-Rinne : “Do you have any WiP thread on that one that one could follow?”
>Of course you can see the complete WIP ( in french )here :
http://tuto-blender.com/HTML/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2161&start=0

Beautiful! 5 stars!

Oh, WOW! And I thought my computer that I’m working on was fairly good! Did you make that city from scratch? If so, that’s just ridiculously amazing. I could stare at it forever. Well…for a few minutes anyway…I’ve got things to do, you know?

Wish I could give you 7/5 stars…

That’s really, really, good. 5* from me. You don’t need to apologise for your English either, it’s very good (beaucoup plus fort de mon Francais:o).

DUDE! I can see PEOPLE! lol.

That is absolutely incredible. Even with the unfinished buildings here and there, it’s totally beyond anything I could model. :slight_smile:

Maybe I should give up modeling and take up computer programming… lol