Hey guys, Could I get some assistance?

Well This is my first blender game project, and from what I’ve seen a tower defense game is recommended against for beginners, however I prefer learning directly about things I’m interested in rather than jumping around other things. With that being said, I’ve used a lot of resources and put together this small game. What I need help with is to have a GUI that, when clicked on, creates and parents an object to the mouse and is drag-and-drop-able. Sort of like what I do in the video however instead of having to press a button to create the object then dragging and dropping it; I want to just select an object from the GUI then drag and drop it. Second thing I need help with is, for me to be unable to spawn the object if I drag it out of the spawn areas (the grey area on the ground).

If anyone could point me in the right direction to achieve this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

This is what I have so far:

If you show a blend file, we can better guide you: general rule of thumb. Nice post though; it looks as though you thought it through!

Brilliant!!! thank you for the guidance monster!