Hey, what's new?

Hi, I am new to blender and I have a few questions.
1.)I have been looking around on these forums, and a lot of the posts are really old, like from an old version and whatnot, so I was wondering, what options are/not available in the current game engine (blender)
2.)My friend and I want to start a small gaming project, and were wondering if blender/python is the best option for the time we spend on it. I have heard about nebula and a few others, but I can’t find any support for them.(btw, our project is going to end up being an rpg)
3.)lastly, is there anything that people just don’t like about blender (limitations it might have) and python (difficulty, not clear, etc.)?
Thanks
~Coheed

:smiley: Well first welcome to Elysiun.

1.)I have been looking around on these forums, and a lot of the posts are really old, like from an old version and whatnot, so I was wondering, what options are/not available in the current game engine (blender)

Not all these posts are old. Elysiun just keeps a database of all past posts as well so everyone can use the search function and find previously asked questions. One must be patient and they’ll find a wealth of information. That and you must read the necessary documentation. So far, I think 2.33 doesn’t pack sounds and it doesn’t have an offical creator for .exe. Although there is BlenderPlayer. Scroll down, or maybe on the next page, there’s talk about the upcoming version of blender.

2.)My friend and I want to start a small gaming project, and were wondering if blender/python is the best option for the time we spend on it. I have heard about nebula and a few others, but I can’t find any support for them.(btw, our project is going to end up being an rpg)

:wink: Umm, not to sound too sarcastic. An RPG is not really a small gaming project. Well, at least you have 1 other person to help you with the massive amount of work and time that’s needed to create an RPG. Yeah, learn python along with logic bricks in blender and you’ve got it made. Python can do many more things than logic bricks can do. Well you can’t live without logic bricks either.

3.)lastly, is there anything that people just don’t like about blender (limitations it might have) and python (difficulty, not clear, etc.)?
Thanks

Hmm, python isn’t too difficult. Well nothings really too difficult if you learn it. Blender is great for creating games, but the only problem is if there are too many objects it starts slowing down. Yippee another reason to dig up my old post. https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=222549#222549

Jason Lin