Hi, why does my camera background-image renders slightly darker/different than original photo

Hi, why does my camera background-image renders slightly darker/different than the original photo - see files attached

Thank you!

Archive.zip (264.0 KB)

It is due to the colour management, change from filmic to standard.

Wow… I spent a whole day trying to figure out what was going on… thanks a lot DNorman! :slight_smile:
Another question on it, is there a way to make it so this background-image wont be affected by any Blender settings at all? cause I noticed, as I was trying to figure this issue out, that if I changed the Exposure or Gamma settings, it did affect the image, or that is just not possible?

Thanks again

I am fairly sure that colour management is applied at the end of the line and will effect everything (that is why you can tweak it after rendering), exposure and gamma are part of the colour management.

I do not think there is a way to use them “selectively”. The only thing I can think off is using the colour management for the render and exporting the image with the alpha background. Then add the background image in Gimp/Photoshop or other software.

Thanks again DNorman, perhaps that may be the best way after all, in the case where I wanted to keep the exact-background image. I’ll experiment with that…

Thanks for your quick replies… :))