Hidden joke

You probably all know about starting Blender with the command line argument -Y, right? Make sure it’s ‘Y’ and not ‘y’.

HAHA…thats a good one! :smiley:

I agree with Ton :smiley:

Heh heh… that’s the stuff I stumbled upon while in a bored state of mind was browsing through the blender binary in a hexeditor. Fancy that… I thought it was just some weird debug comment that hadn’t been cleaned out. A very good motivation though =)

sorry for my ignorance but where do I put the -Y ?

sorry it seem stupid! :-?

The ‘-Y’ is a command line option. When you type ‘blender’ to start the program, type ‘blender -Y’ instead.

Hey gee you’ve earned the Mr. Tip of the Week
you :o

wait, i’m ignorant too! what’s that gonna do? sorry i just don’t get it :frowning:

It doesn’t do anything for me
It still opens Blender…

Pleeeeasse guys, let’s solve it from once on…

You just try to do this:

For those of you on Win 95/98/NT/2000/ME/XP/WEWEWE/SHUSHU/ETX…
Do the following:

• Open a Command Console (AKA DOS, command.com, etc.)
  • Type >CD C:\PROGRAM FILES\BLENDER
    OR, JUST MOVE TO THE BLENDER’S CURRENT DIRECTORY IN YOUR BOX.
  • THEN, type in >BLENDER -Y
    AND, VEERY IMPOOORTANT, the Y must be UPPERCASE.
  • Read what appears on the console.
  • Visit the page.
  • Don’t do this again in your whole life.

This has been successfully tested on Blender 2.23

Note:For those of you on other flavours of Blender (I mean Linux, Irix on ONYX, Solaris, MacOS, PocketPC, BeOS, HP-UX, Alpha, AS-400, Sega, Nintendo, XBox, GameBoy, CRAI-1, HAL-9000, Tron’s Master Control, Big Blue, Commodore 64, Atari, Amiga, Sinclair ZX-81, Altair, etc.), I just wanna wish you the best of lucks in your search, and may the force be with you.

oookily… uh… dokily… so how the heck did you guys find out about this?

Yeah but how do you do it on a WANG?

hehehehaha thats so very odd!

yea sum guy found this ages ago on the old blender forums by opening blender in notepad (!) and looking thru it. He claimed he was “hacking” into it… he became unpopular quickly.

Aw, we don’t have to write -Y in punch cards, do we? :stuck_out_tongue:

okay, i have no clue whats gouing on

someone tell me what the result is

Yo! I wanna try this on my Casio PB-770! Anyone got a port I can use?

ray_theway wrote:

Aw, we don’t have to write -Y in punch cards, do we

On punchcard systems, it’s done automatically, but punched tape systems are a whole other story. If you somehow are running OpenGL on a punched tape system, please stay in your cave…