Hidden Tree

Hello,
I wanted to share with you one of my recent projects. It is portrayed as the beauty hidden in uncommon places, but when found… it is breathtaking !

All feedbacks are welcomed !

58 Likes

The realism of the render (which is awesome) clashes with unreal nature of the subject. A tree that grows under a hole and thus is not getting much sunlight would not have this rich canopy.

1 Like

What you just said is 100% scientifically correct !
But is it really a ridiculous idea to see a great tree where you least expected it !?

2 Likes

Oh, the idea is great, as is execution. It’s just weird to see something so unreal looking so real. Which, now that I think about it, was the point, wasn’t it? :grinning:

2 Likes

it reminds me Alex roman architectural 3d movie.

2 Likes

It’s philosophical in a way but you are correct !

Yeah that’s a nice conept !

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Guys, idea and its presentation matters - i like the impression, great imho ))

1 Like

I saw this in one of the Blender Facebook groups yesterday. I loved it then, and I love it now.

1 Like

Thank you man I really do appreciate it !!

1 Like

I love it, congrats.

1 Like

I think that is the beauty of artistical freedom. It would be boring if everything was just to replicate reality.

Also, if we use a little imagination, maybe that tree sits in that round platform which is hidraulically elevated to receive more direct sunlight as needed.

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right !!

Very Nice, I like the idea of a tree growing and thriving where it shouldn’t. It gives it an almost supernatural/magical feel, as though you might gain some spiritual insight when visiting the tree.

1 Like

It makes you stop and give it another glance !
Thank you

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

…the only thing I -maybe- would rethink is size of the tree,
too big, too little space to make all the elements show off themselves, to let the light onto the grass also…Just a remark :wink:

1 Like

Thank you !!!

Tell that to these trees :slight_smile:

The Stone Forest (Shilin) is located in Yunnan province China.

Trees only need enough light on the canopy to survive. This piece does that.
This picture depicts a protected tree that’s branches don’t face wind damage but, enough light to grow tall until it passes through the hole. Very possible as you can see.

Instead of merely attempting to be a logical know-it-all, just admire and/or respect the artists vision.
What fun is there if all art is grounded in reality? Funny thing, this work of art is.

1 Like