Hidden user's profile shows some really weird things

I’ve just noticed that if you would try to open a private user’s profile in a new tab, it will show a broken layout, sometimes with repeating the same fields twice or more times. It wasn’t like that before the Discourse’s recent update.

Example:

Steps to reproduce the bug:

1. Open someone’s hidden profile in a new tab (not just clicking on it in the same one),
  2. Here it is.

Sometimes it may even say that the page stopped responding.

You can report issues resulting from a Discourse update on the Discourse Meta forum:

Or on their GitHub repo:

In the “Bug” category in there, is that right?

Yeah that sounds right!

1 Like

Done!

1 Like

Hi,
I didn’t even know I had a “Discourse Meta” account !

What is this ? It’s linked to the BA isn’t it ? :thinking: (I’m not a big fan of social media !)

Hi, @JaAlVir657

No, you don’t have an account on Discourse Meta :slight_smile: I just provided a SCREENSHOT of your account from THIS WEBSITE in order to show its developers an issue I came across a couple days ago so that they could reproduce it from their own side.

Both Blenderartists.org and meta.discourse.org are not linked to each other. Meta.discourse.org - it’s a website where people can report bugs, discuss new features and so on that are related to Discourse platform. Discource it’s a web engine (CMS).

I have updated the theme component, please test (I don’t have an example of a user with a private profile here).

Seems like it’s not, at least in my case. Just open JaAIVir’s profile in a new tab and you’ll see what I mean.

This is what I see. Did you reload the site to get new JS/CSS?

(image removed)

Hmm… maybe it’s because you’re an admin? I mean, just try to open that link in a different browser or log out for a second.

Ah indeed. Well, looks like it’s not fixed then :slight_smile: I have to be honest, I’m SUPER busy right now and this is a rather obscure issue - it’s not at the top of my priorities list.

1 Like

Sorry, Bart. Just wanted to let you know and make this site better.

Yeah and I appreciate it. I just wanted to set the expectation here: I won’t be able to look into this for at least another two weeks or so.

1 Like

Okay, roger that!

P.S. May I report about hasn’t yet fixed issue on meta.discourse.org?

Great idea, do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, Joe

Okay, thank you!