(Higgsas) Geometry Nodes Groups Blender 3.3/3.4/3.5/3.6/4.0/4.1

Hey, you can simply add Set Curve Normal node to get fence stay vertically

Or you talking about fence leaning a bit outwards on the sharp turns similar like banking of the road?

2 Likes

Yes. i meat something like that. When posts would stay vertical in road rising or decent but could get a rotation around curve tangents in such turns.

BTW, in your screen the fence still looks perpendicular to curve tangent , not vertical .

Hi Higgsas,

Is it possible to adapt the Hexagon and the Triangle grids to create the boundaries while keeping the topology of the meshes?

Best regards,

Flavio

If you select the points on each edge, and scale to 0 width - i think you’d get that result? Might need a fractional scale, but you get the idea. Or perhaps just dissolve the outer points.

1 Like

Hi thorn,

That might work, but I’m looking for a solution using higgsas’s GN. I tried to tweak it here and there, but no success.

Hey,

I don’t really have solution to make a good boundaries, but you can try doing it with booleans

2 Likes

I tried snapping off the boundry and merging doubles, and then seperate edges that have less than 2 faces, to have a curve to fill, but its glitchy.

1 Like

I kinda feel bad for not having bought @higgsas geo nodes (shame on me :sweat:) but here’s a setup without using booleans:

StraightBorders.blend (117.6 KB)

The trick is to Clamp the position so that it “cuts of” the overlapping vertices.

Edit: Simplified the setup by directly using the Bounding Box Min and Max values

6 Likes

Thanks guys – specially @Zebrahead, it helped a lot.

1 Like

Hi there. Very nice tools to doodle around with GN, thanks a lot Higgsas.

Do you plan to update to Blender 4 your groups (at least on Blender Market) ? These are one of the first libraries I wanted to include in my fresh setup.

Have a merry end of the year :slight_smile:

Hey, thanks.

Yes I will update it for blender 4.0, some nodes to use Repeat Zone and some few new nodes. Also all nodes from blender 3.6 works on 4.0 too.

1 Like

Continues line art

Inspiration: https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/single-line-continuous-art/115891

Unfortunately its really slow, it took about 5 minutes to apply modifier with 50k points

continues line art.blend (198.4 KB)

22 Likes

Edges bundling

edges_bundling.blend (261.9 KB)

20 Likes

Hey Higgsas,

Thank you for introducing this new tool.

I’m intrigued by Tyler Hobbs’ work and was wondering if the Curl Noise node can be tailored to set a minimum distance between curves and have their length adjusted in some way.

In the following links Tyler explains his workflow and how he achieves such effect:

https://tylerxhobbs.com/fidenza
https://tylerxhobbs.com/essays/2020/flow-fields

2 Likes

Hey,

I was able to recreate the effect like the mention on the blog by using circle packing (modified to work with curves).

Using guide curves:

The only limitation it won’t check if curve it-self will be able to circle pack (spirals gonna overlap). Also you can replace Simulation Zone node with Repeat Zone instead so you won’t need to run animation for the effect, but its gonna pretty slow with many iterations.

edges_packing2.blend (299.9 KB)

Thanks for linking the workflow for this, the other day I was actually thinking how to have evenly spaced curl curves, it never occurred to me that you can just do it with circle packing.

22 Likes

Wow, that was fast. I mean, really fast. I’m completely flabbergasted! Thank you very much – I’ll try to understand what you did (and probably won’t)…

3 Likes

Spaghetti Mona Lisa :smiley:

Using AI depth map for the curl

edges_packing_curl.blend (1.6 MB)

24 Likes

Wow…Turned the “Mona Lisa” into Edvard Munch’s “The Scream”…

4 Likes

Looking really good! You are now the Davinci of Nodes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Master Higgas!
I’m still fan of your work.

b96e225990a7b460d92a0201a8a9005d6ed572c6_2_690x390

This is really impressive and looks perfect, do you think it could work from edges polygonal of a mesh than curves?
I would like to get this kind a effect on my models.
I’ve tried with your blend scene but i can’t do it easily.