(Higgsas) Geometry Nodes Groups Blender 3.3/3.4/3.5/3.6/4.0/4.1

You need to set cube Z scale to 0 with poisson disk and you will have no intersections.

For the squishiness you can this setup, but is not perfec.

bend cyl.blend (188.4 KB)

2 Likes

Wow amazing, any chance the cylinders them selves can squish agents each other then I would want some intersection anyway so they can push and flatten each other
Its the last thing I need then this is perfect for several parts in a scene

Im after an initial squish of each other and here to complete the outer squish I would want some of the cylinder on the other side to also pust in. Not quite the same amount and exact shape, id want the cylinder to start to flatten but also cause a push inward. So the more outer squish the more all the cylinders squish together, so there all really being squeezed together as a whole.

Perhaps this is best done as its own part where we have the individual squish of each cylinder on the intersection of the collection as we have now. The another squish layer that that starts to squish all the instance cylinders, as if its being scaled on the x axis only but just in the mid section. Maybe have another object, a cube that is used to determine the section of the mesh to scale with a falloff top and bottom

Wasnt thinking of using a vertex group just using to show the idea of a falloff
The cube is used to set the area boundary and create the top and bottom fallout, we could maybe get the length of the cube and the length between the first proximity mesh.

Use that difference to - scale on the desired axis

I wish i was better and understanding GN to just make this, i feel like i can speak the language but just crap at writing it :confused:

Spheres Intersections

spheres intersection.blend (221.3 KB)

25 Likes

Could this be used to do the inverse, and create sort of a ‘bridge’ between the two, like an SDF blend? Could be really useful for blocking out organic shapes

Am not sure if you can do it just with sphere mesh, but it’s possible to do it with SDF nodes and Repeat Zone node

sdf_point_blend.blend (275.5 KB)

14 Likes

Could this apply to any mesh, not just spheres
Tried it with the cylinders but it dose weird things

A general all purpose version of this would be epic

For any mesh no, its only works on spheres and circles.

But you can modified it to make it work with cylinders

You can also check this thread about self intersection

3 Likes

@higgsas
Seeing how you made the squish collision for me i managed to work out a volume transform

I can set it to object or collection or both

Inside the scale elements group

To do single axis scales, dont know if there is a better way to do that

I dont know how to do rotation as there isnt a node equivalent with a selection input other the rotate. Any ideas there?

I was looking at your twist to see if i could figure it out but i cant figure out to change how you done the upper and lower limits to be a ‘is in volume’ like the rest

Thanks, and thankyou fort he link. Will take a look

The Sphere/Cylinder isnt working with the bend

One last question with my volume transform other then rotation, i need away to add a falloff to the area of influence

to smooth out this curve, i think i need the the effect to increase out from the volume with a falloff of strength

You can use this setup for axis scale

For rotation/twisting just plug volume selection to the Attribute Statistics node

The bending doesn’t work probably because "“In Between” node calculates rotations centers incorrectly, might be that Cylinder Intersection outputs mesh and not instances.

For volume with falloff you need to combine “Is Inside Volume” with “Geometry Proximity” node

1 Like

The self Intersection works if I insert it after the bend

One thing I added was so i can Restrict it to a vertex group so you can mix hard and soft object. so hard objects dont morph but the soft will morph around each other and the hard objects

So i can do like a procedural trash pile where glass bottles stay hard and something like crumpled paper squishes to fit

Not quite sure what way to combine this for the falloff, iv tried a few ways.

Everything else you suggested is all good and working :smiley:
Thankyou very much for helping you are the definition of amazing!!

Got a fairly good setup

Made a two point vector node to get a vector between to objects

Used to mix a vector with the distance between two points and gets the center of the two points and gets the length of the distance
Im using so when one of the colliders is moved the distance and length is longer so those values im using to set the scale of the transform(less distance more - scale and squish) and also the power of the transform which mixes a 0 vector so if power is 0 the transform node is doing nothing

Can see with static values and with the dynamic values

So here its removed the squish on the right side as the collider is too far away
The squish on the left is from the collision squish node

So now with these two nodes i can get some squish on one side or get a squish between the two

You can see with and without the volume transform how the middle cylinder thats not intersecting with the colliders get slightly squished with the volume transform

1 Like

You can combine falloff like this.

It will be float value instead of boolean, so you can use it with Mix Value node for mixing different values for scale or rotation

If you want get boolean values

You can also use blur it instead of proximity so it only propagates to connected mesh parts

2 Likes

Technique for creating 2d voronoi using Fill Curve for delaunay triangulation and Dual Mesh

Triangle circumcircle

voronoi 2.blend (148.1 KB)

26 Likes

Ah thankyou for this, really appreciate it :smiley:

1 Like

Added 23 new nodes and improved some of the existing nodes

New Nodes:

Instances Bounding Box
Maze solver
Curve Banking
Spine Heart
SDF Heart
2D Remesh
Tubes to Splines
Advect Splines
Phyllotaxis Surface
Sharpen Mesh
Rounded Cube
Image Points Stippling
Triangle Mesh Circle Packing
Edge Bundling
TSP mesh
UV Mirror
Sphere Intersection
Instances AABB Collision
Spin
Splines Packing
SDF Volume Points Fracture
Circe Outer/Inner Tangent Curve
Directional Reaction Diffusion

Updates:

Moved UV nodes to new UV category
Moved curl noise nodes to new Effects category

Reaction Diffusion Solver - added time steps and simplified the node
Distance to Edge Voronoi - updated to use Repeat Zone for performance
Mesh Face Divided - updated to use Repeat Zone for performance
Circle Packing - now using Repeat Zone instead of Simulation Zone, so you won’t need to play animation for the packing
VDM Points Scatter - Added blur option thanks to Benny_G feedback
Catenary Curves - updated to use Repeat Zone for performance
Poly Arc - updated to use Repeat Zone for performance
Curve Offset - fixed direction being not normalized
Surface Curl Noise - added option to project to surface and simplified normal input just use mesh

36 Likes

Hey just saw the update in my inbox, thanks for the continued support. Your nodes are fantastic.

4 Likes

Love the update list :slight_smile:

I think the archive on BlenderMarket might have an error? I found some of the new ones not preset (list not complete, but i didn’t see these in there):

SDF Volume Points Fracture
Sphere Intersection
Spin

I’m sure just an oops in some way. Thanks so much for all your work on this!

1 Like

Hey, thanks.

It might be that you using 3.6 version.
I added these nodes only to 4.0 blender because it’s require Repeat Zone node.

1 Like

Hello, been using your nodes for a while now, they are great.
Was recently testing out the VDM point scatter to see if it could work for skin pores, and was wondering do you think it’s possible to blend the edges of the tiles? In the screenshot if the VDM is too large or small the seam line is visible. This was with a tilable texture but also tried it with individual pore texture as well.

2 Likes