(Higgsas) Geometry Nodes Groups Blender 3.3/3.4/3.5/3.6/4.0/4.1

Hi, yes you can use it for commercial use

5 Likes

Hello everyone!) I have a question about tension map. How to bind them to the deformation from the bones? Sorry if it’s a dumb question. Just judging by the nodes, it works only if the deformation occurs inside the nodes tree. What if I want to bend the mesh using bones?

Hi, You need to use 2 geo nodes modifiers. 1st modifier to capture face area before armature modifier, and 2nd modifier to compare captured face area with deformed face area

4 Likes

Good afternoon! Thanks a lot!)

1 Like

Marching Triangles

8 Likes

12 Likes

Thank you.

G.

1 Like

Mesh Tesselation

tesselate_mesh_geo (2).blend (329.6 KB)

Edit: updated to more recent simpler version

25 Likes

Tessellate Helper

Picks components for Side, Middle, Outer Corner, Inner Corner and flips for correct orientation

tessellate_heper.blend (299.6 KB)

38 Likes

You are a genius! :metal:

1 Like

Oh my god, that’s going to be so useful! Thanks again for sharing all of this stuff with us.

i have ZERO idea how to use this.

any help?

SDF Gyroid

sdf_gyroid.blend (219.0 KB)

13 Likes

Image to Ascii

image_to_ascii.blend (344.3 KB)

26 Likes

This is black magic. How is this even possible. Well done!!!

2 Likes

Geometry to Ascii

geo_to_ascii.blend (288.3 KB)

23 Likes

What. The. Heck. Holy cow dude. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@moshus

Thanks for help, unfortunately it doesn’t work when mesh line has random vertex order

I guess new topology nodes it’s mainly to get data from other domains

1 Like

Yeah you are right … the problem here seems that the sorting of the edge is not clear on an arbitrary mesh.

Here is another setup where we get both vertices for both edges and sort out the vertices who are the same than the original vertex index:

vertex_neighbours_on_mesh_line.blend

3 Likes

This can be solved by making an “Edge Other Vertex” node that gets the vertex of an edge that isn’t equal to another. This will be easier after Geometry Nodes: Add index input to Edge Vertices node, currently it’s a bit awkward and error-prone with the Field at Index node.

Also, unrelated, but I found that a node group like this made some of these setups more convenient to build:

3 Likes