Highland Park Whiskey Box

Highland Park Whiskey Box

Trying out modelling a simple box, sounds easy I know, but wanted to create it with all folds, creases, lid and bottom so it could be animated if needed. I found the corner folds to be the hardest to make look real.

Lighting is done mainly via an HDRI to give a an over all light. Added a warm light to the back left to highlight the emboss work on the side of the box. With a cool light to the back right to help punch up the silver emboss work. Topped of with a light directly above to which defines the edge of the box.

Link for video:-

Click to zoom in for more details.

Added a slider to show bow simple the scene is.

Both of these closeups have been take from the quick animation showing a closeup of the box from top to bottom.

Closeup 001

Closeup 002

17 Likes

Wow! Great work!:heart_eyes::fire:

1 Like

A box worthy of the price tag. :grin: Well done!!

1 Like

@vakukulkan Thanks. Sometimes the simpler products are the harder it is to get them looking right.

2 Likes

Yeah, some of these whiskeys can be pretty expensive! The 30year old one is around $1000! :rofl:

1 Like

Awesome!
I’m impressed with the level of detailing. Very high quality work in the textures! Congrats!

1 Like

Indeed! I’ll probably never have the pleasure of tasting it unless i run into someone feeling extraordinarily generous! :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! :heart: I really struggle with textures and lighting so this is great to hear!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

I’m not a whiskey drinker, but you can get more standard priced bottles which are just as nice that you might be able to get hold of.

1 Like

Thanks again @bartv

1 Like

I just check this work and I think it have great quality. I opt for this artwork on BOBA 2023 and suddenly see that it doesn’t have much vote yet.
my other choose in other fields was top 5 in moment mostly.
I think it’s worth to have more vote.
BoBa 2023 Voting: Product Design - Contests / Best of Blender Artists 2023 - Blender Artists Community

1 Like

Great work! Making such a simple scene visually appealing is not easy, but you nailed it!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your super kind words!

Super pleased you feel its good enough to vote for! :heart_eyes:

I’m not even sure HOW to vote! hahah :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah agree 100%, the simpler the idea or product the harder it is to get right!

Now added a link for a video of this render - enjoy!