HIP Cycles Rendering on GPU causes a diffuse map to copy to all object materials being rendered

Hello,

Blender Version: 3.6.0
Render Engine: Cycles
Render Method: HIP
Render GPU: AMD 7800XT
Graphics Driver: 23.11.1 (25-OCT-23)
Render CPU: AMD R7 7700X

I am using the HIP method on the Cycles engine using an AMD 7800XT to render a character and some objects. When I am rendering on the GPU, it causes a texture from a certain material that is being rendered, and essentially copies it to all other materials that are being rendered. You can see below first, the output in render view when rendering on the GPU.

This issue continues even after a restart. I can’t install any other versions of blender to test them as the blender download servers are getting DDOS’d at the moment.

I’ve played around with various settings to change the render output, however none of them fix the issue of the diffuse map being copied.

This issue also is not unique to the project, as it happens on other projects of mine as well.

Since I am only allowed a single embed per post, here’s what it looks like when rendering using the CPU

Hi. Welcome to the community! :grin:

There are a few things that can help you get an answer faster: Uncropped screenshots. Right now I can see yes, there does appear to be something wrong, but I can’t tell you what it might be. And sharing the file. You’re new here, so you won’t be able to post the file directly, but if you upload it to google drive (or similiar) and share the link people can take the file apart and see what could be wrong a lot easier.

If you do decide to upload, especially using Google Drive, just make sure you have permissions set to “anyone with link” so you don’t have a bunch of people bothering you for permission every time they want to check it out.

Apologies.

Here is the .blend.

Here is a fullscreen screenshot of the simplest project I have. All the render settings are default except for the samples which I had turned down.

New information, I opened up a different project of mine this afternoon and all the materials showed up correctly (that I could tell) except for two:

The unique thing about these two materials, is that they are the only materials on the model that are not completely procedurally generated, and have image textures as part of their material.

So evidently, something is going wrong with how the renderer is handling materials that have image textures.

Your textures didn’t come through the file. If you haven’t got it worked out on your own can you put those into a folder and link that?

Sorry, I’ve packed the resources into the file, redownload it from the same link as before.

1 Like

Did you unwrap the model and are using the UV for that image texture for the grill?

I was unable to reproduce the error on my computer, everything rendered as it should on both CPU and GPU, so I can’t figure it out. Sorry, and good luck. Hopefully someone else will be able to come up with a solution for you.

This happens to any image texture regardless of whether it’s applied by the UV, object, ect. The procedural textures work just fine, it’s just any material that uses an image texture as a part of it.

There was an AMD driver update since I posted this thread and the issue is still persisting.