Hollywood Boulevard trip

Car from Blend Swap by natman.
Road texture from Poliigon.

Your feedback is highly appreciated!

7 Likes

Really nice render, dude! It’s especially cool that you made the entire background in 3D too.
The two things I would suggest changing are the DoF and the street material, and I have two ideas that could help the image to look a little more real.

• The DoF is pretty shallow and kinda makes the scene look small.

• The street looks pretty good but could use some slightly rougher/wavier reflections like this image:
    (it’s the closest thing I could find to your image)

Also, you might want to add some extra specularity and low roughness along with a sharp bumpmap to really bring out that gritty detailed look:

The two things I would add are mist from the wet road coming off the tires and some reflections along the side of the car.
Something like this:

Keep it up, man!

1 Like

Yes the DoF is maybe too high, I tried to not get the scene to look small, the first try looked like a toy haha:

But it still could be improved.

The rough reflections is something I considered an tried to do but I had troubles putting bump only on the wet areas so I left it.

About the extra speculatiy you totally right, that image remember me of the renders of the artist Zaoeyo, I will try this for the next.

Thank you very much for taking your time on trying to help me, I really appreciate it!

1 Like