I am planning to upgrade my current computer and was doing some research on building render farms and would like to ask for some advise. My current system has the following specs:
- AMD Phenom X6-1075T 3.00Ghz Six-Core CPU
- Standard heatsink & CPU Fan
- AMD 880G Chipset AM3 Black Series DDR3 Motherboard
- 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz High Performance RAM
- Integrated ATI Radeon HD4250 Share Up to 512MB Graphics
- Integrated 8.1 Channel HD Audio
- Seagate 500GB SATA3 7200rpm Hard Drive
- 24x Dual Layer DVD +/- Writer
- Integrated Gigabit Network Card
- Runs on Windows 10.
I contacted the guys who built my current PC (they specialize in building customized PCs) and gave me the following specs as an upgrade option (actually to build a whole new machine).
- AMD FX 6300 4.1GHz Six-Core GTX 950 OC Custom Built Gaming PC
- AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz (6 x 4.1GHz Turbo) 14MB Cache Six-Core
- MSI 970 SLI KRAIT AM3+ SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Motherboard
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 2GB GDDR5 DX12 Graphics Card
- FROZR ATX Gaming Case With 4x LED Fans
- Antec 500W 80+ High Performance Power Supply
- 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz High Performance Gaming RAM
- Standard Heatsink & CPU Fan
- Samsung 120GB SSD Upto 500MB/s+ Speed Solid State Drive
- Integrated 8 Channel HD Audio
- DVD drive (Not Supported - Not Included)
- Integrated Gigabit Network
- 2 Years (1st yr. Parts & Labour, 2nd yr. Labour only)
The cost is $750, which is fine for my budget.
Could you please assist me if this is a good system? I work from home as a graphic designer and 3D animator. I am looking to upgrade in order to improve on my rendering capabilities and speed.
- The Case, With 4x LED Fans