Honda J-VX Prototype. Type R edition WIP. Update 29/7/04

all i say:
looking good!

Agreed. That one looks very good. Maybe try it with only one area light and AO. I seem to get my best results that way.

BgDM

Looking great, Sonix!

b01c

Looks good. The windshield needs some work. Keep at it.

Thanks my friends.

Will try that 1 area light and AO setup tomorrow, BgDM.

Glass texture sucks at the moment I know, still modeling is my excuse but I will sort them eventually.

Some small materials tweaks, slightly better glass as the raytracing was reflecting too much of the inside of the car so this one should be better. Also car paint has clouds texture with a slight colour difference to main colour, to give a dappled/paint look. (I think) Wheel chrome matched for each wheel part.

Lighting setup not changed in these as most were rendered yesterday. :smiley:

Please click here to view the latest and ICE install wip.

Most noticable difference is the roll cage. This is now chrome and without the two cross pieces in the boot. (See last render on page.) Double nitrous bottles cos the car deserves them and the start of the ICE install.

The nitrous bottles texture is a little stretched in the vertical direction, I only noticed since posting these renders, so will sort that out too. :expressionless:

In the front section of the subwoofer housing are 2 18 inch subs pointing at the back of the seats, these are in addition to the ones you can see in the render. Amplifiers should be added tomorrow along with a headunit.

Any C&C gratefully recieved.

Thanks,

Sonix.

New carbon fibre material test.

Please click here, top image on page.

Better/worse? Better I think.

Sonix.

as the subwoofer shakes the nos can into oblivion :stuck_out_tongue:

looks REALLY cool so far :slight_smile: I like it

That new carbon fibre texture looks much better. You may want to watch the stretching arounbd some of the edges there, but overall, very nice.

Mind sharing the texture or where you got it?

BgDM

Tremendously awesome modeling and materials Sonix!

RobertT

Thankyou for the replies.

BgDM click here. :smiley: Photoshop tute.

Thanks Robertt, hopefully it will be when finished.

First composition, one area light and AO Ang map, then PS7 composition. 8 hrs 45 mins to render. :< :< :<

Click here, first image on page.

Sonix.

The composition image is not showing upi for me man! :frowning:

Thanks for that link too BTW. Great stuff.

BgDM

If it doesn’t show right click and select show image. Webspace is being a bit temperamental.

You had any success with the carbon fibre?

Sonix.

Ah, there is is!

It looks to be very squished in height in the comp image. Did you change something there?

I think your shadows are off a bit in that image as well. They should be falling to the right a little more. Yours look to be almost straight down.

As for the tute, haven’t done it yet. I was hoping that it would make a decent tectile bump map for my witch charatcers fabric. We’ll see.

BgDM