Horned Lady Devil

This is a project I did to test out Cycles X and @joeedh’s sculpt branch. Both were an absolute delight to work with.

Based on art by Victor Titov

14 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thanks Bart! Thats amazing.

1 Like

High Res:

3 Likes

She’s so pretty! I really like the style of your showcase too- I know it’s simple, but I always struggle to make low-key lighting look nice so I end up doing dramatic lighting for almost everything. I just really appreciate it when I see other artists get it just right. I’m also intrigued by the materials. Is that a combination of hand painted colors and procedural textures? That’s the impression I get from the subtle swirly pattern on her face and the bumpy surface of her horns and other parts made of… keratin, or whatever that is lol. However you did it, it looks very nice!

1 Like

Glad you liked it! Here is my lighting setup

Back-

Key-

Light with voronoi texture-

Hightlights-

2 Likes

I used the vertex paint (see viewport renders) for the color. The surface bump is procedural

1 Like

Thank you so much for your thorough replies! I wasn’t expecting screenshots, especially not the full lighting breakdown. Much appreciated!
I’m surprised how simple that material is too. I guess I have a habit of making mine a bit too bloated and overcomplicated. Great work!

1 Like