Horror cathedral ritual 3D Scene

This is my entry for the flipped normals october’s challenge, it’s a scene with a satanic ritual taking place on a horror cathedral at night, made almost entirely in blender with modular pieces, and particle simulations, and all the characters rigged and animated in maya, with all the cloth simulations in marvelous designer, and compositing with photoshop.

For HQ images go to the full project: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/A9LGxy

43 Likes

this is some pretty dark thing !!! nice work !

3 Likes

thanks a lot!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Dark Souls fan? :wink:

1 Like

Wow the details are pretty sick … Feels like a lot of time went on creating this piece. Checking the image full size it really show all the nice details you added like the hands reaching from the flames.

Is the chained one trying to escape from its final destination?

2 Likes

It didn’t take that long to make this, just a couple weeks, i love that you saw all the details in it!
This is supposed to be an offering, In which some member decided to sacrifice himself for the will of their savior, so they called the wizard (the one with the mask) to open the portal and let the demons and crushed souls take his own

2 Likes

WOw okay… freaky backstory.

To me it felt like an offering but the person tries to escape, thats why the chains are there, to keep the person pinned.

Nice work man!

Very well achieved.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Excellent work and the ambience is perfect, i like the desecrated cathedral setting!

1 Like

thanks a lot!

1 Like