Horror Game (BLEngine)

Just going to post some updates. Still in school so I didn’t get as much done as I wanted to up to this point. Working towards the playable demo which will be coming shortly.

Engine now supports better graphics and some other AI and light properties.

Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) is implemented, but not put into this engine yet. I made the props over the past 2 days.

Video: http://vimeo.com/5403958

Nice, Im looking forward to seeing a playable demo. The screens look promising, haven’t heard much about this engine for a while.

All I can say about those pics is to turn down the spec a little, the wood etc looks way to shiny.

• models look good
  • textures also look good
  • runs smooth
  • since when is wood that shiny?
  • you don’t have anything at cannons if they’re not in front of a sort of window

Nice work! Look a look at the video, and it rocks. Great detail.

• you don’t have anything at cannons if they’re not in front of a sort of window
    if it’s in storange or something :wink: but if it’s on a ship your right

Concerning the cannon: I’m sure he’s going to make a window or something. I think these are just preliminary screens.

Concerning the spec: Yes, to much spec, but it’s easy to get lured into making really bumpy looking objects. The effect is nice, but wood is a little duller.

The screens look good, and I’m sure they are just a wip. All the material tweaking etc is yet to come.

of course, the high specular is fine if everything is wet…

nice job!

“of course, the high specular is fine if everything is wet…”

There we go!! ahaah. I over speculared just to really show off the normal mapping. The scene itself will most likely be raining. There is some lightning effect going on that’s kind of hard to tell but it flashes.

And yea, it’s just a collection of props placed randomly. I haven’t modeled the ship just yet.

good job dude. yeah about specularity," for those who dont know" change the spec color from white to a shade of grey to cut back on glare and still see all the bumps.