HostileStudios Multiplayer System [1.5.6] (performance and reliability update)

Here’s the Blend.

Attachments

Client.blend (864 KB)

Here’s the Blend.
(I am working on the Cursor bugs)

Attachments

Client.blend (871 KB)

Okay, well I created a menu, and got help for the cursor.
There are some errors though, when I connect the two clients, they both bomb out (if successfully connected), and the place where you type in the server’s IP address doesn’t seem to do anything :frowning:
Since you made this, could you tell me what I’m doing wrong?
I will delete my previous post.
Thanks

Attachments

Client.blend (1020 KB)

Still not quite sure what the error was, i’m not able to test atm.

Whenever I try connect the two clients to a server, Blender bombs out. Know what’s wrong? I’ve tried everything :confused:
Thanks

Whenever I try connect the two clients to a server, Blender bombs out. Know what’s wrong? I’ve tried everything :confused:
Thanks

can you copy the server.log, and the client.log and paste them here?
Also, if you see any errors in the console, send me them?

[EDIT]
What do you mean by bombs out?
One little note is that if you enable data reduction on all the components, and nothing changes then your client may just disconnect. I’ll fix this.

By bombing out, I mean it crashes and says “Blender has stopped Working…”. I think that that data reduction may be the problem. Also, Please may you share example blends from your Matter FPS multiplayer in order for us to learn how the HostileStudios networking can be used in an advanced game environment; This would be very helpful.

The attached .ZIP contains client.log & server.log

When I create a final dist of this game, can I please take out the script to generate these log files? One got up to 300MB after a while…

Attachments

Multiplayer_Game_Project.zip (81.3 KB)

Haha, you can delete them easily
Lol, i’ll need to fix that!

Hmm i’ll need the blends. If you’re using the data reduction option, that’s why its not working.

im on holiday right now :D. will post blends sat/sun.

Made the plugin page easier to read!

Here are my .blend files.

Attachments

Game.blend (1.25 MB)

I’ll take a look.
Please (anyone) post any features that you may want in your game.

hamstaq:
If you visit the website or google code homepage (they’re both up to date) then you will see the latest release (v1.3)
Download the python files, and replace the existing ones with them. If you don’t know how to do this:

Open the patched blender root folder.
Go to the folder:
…2.57/scripts/bge-components/
replace them in there!
Then, on your blend file, reload all the components (Yes, all of them!) and change their values to what you had before (i’ve tested this, and it works)

I tried this, yet it still crashes… I reloaded every component, yet it still bombs. Could you please post the blend file the way you edited it?

Thanks.
BTW: a plugin I would like is a chat system with commands, such as voting & kicking players (if all players agree).

It doesn’t crash for me, but you’d be best off showing the console when you use it. The only time it crashes for me is when you quit and reconnect sometimes.
Even so, have you downloaded the latest version??
I’ll post the edit when im back.

A few more updates for you all. I have redesigned a part of the component system, which means that if you want to make a component plugin, you won’t run away crying!
It also means that i moved some code to yet another file, which you’ll need to use. I recommend that when i upload it you all delete your networking python files and copy all the new ones.
Also, i fixed a transmit rate bug, and added transmit rates to some of the other plugins.
Next on the list is chat, which shouldn’t be too hard.
After that, i am to implement server side client snapshots - saving the state of the clients for logins / rpg etc.

That’s been uploaded to google code, now ill update my website.
EDIT:
All updated!
Check it out.
Essentially, plugins.py is now a lot clearer.
It allows you to send data to be compressed, or not, and is a lot smaller footprint

Ok i have a build error, so don’t update just yet