Hot Tea

Hey guys i’m back, here this time with a kind of nostalgic feeling tea glass render. I used a smoke simulation for the steam. Not sure what to write here, just hope you guys enjoy it :slight_smile:

19 Likes

It looks like red orange juice, and for sure not hot :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I had to double check if this was real! What type of tea is that?

1 Like

Not too sure what kind to be honest aha, but i was thinking of this traditional red tea i had in thailand, its just black tea mixed with jasmine and natural red food coloring, and of course milk.

To me, it looks as if the steam is being lost to the DOF in the background. A nice image nontheless.

1 Like

You’re right there, the steam is getting blurred out, partly because of the way i did the smoke simulation, the details are lost, and the fact that the steam is out of the focusing range doesnt help either lol

Just a thought, maybe a hard light on just the steam might bring it out.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Oh, so it is not a clear type of fluid … For me it is ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

i tried it with a sun lamp, however i was using eevee to preview it, and i had thought all the settings were good to go, but i didnt realise the “angle” setting of the sun didnt match in cycles, and it was too late once i had it rendered, i’ll make sure to watch out for it next time, thank you :smile:

Oh, thank you so much :smile:

1 Like

sure, next time, i’ll make sure to emphasize what it is in the render :slight_smile: