How am I only doing a car now!?

Hey guys!

Been doing blender for several years and for some reason this is my first try at properly modeling and texturing a car. Thus far I’ve modeled tires and a hood and slapped some placeholder materials on:

Can you guess what it is?

C&C welcome, rest of the car to follow, in case you were worrying!:eyebrowlift2:

A Bug! :smiley: Good luck with it :smiley:

Volkswagen Beetle? Nice tires!

Not just a Bug or Beetle, but a 1957 Volkswagen Beetle. :wink:

Yay! Everyone’s a winner!

rontarrant, I have no idea how you could guess 1957. Maybe the whitewall tires with that specific tread? But yeah, most of my reference is of a '57 VW Beetle, thoug I might add other elements from other classic bugs that I like. My wife and I just both love these cars and since they don’t make them anymore they’ve sort of become collecters items. We’re actually thinking about pranking the family into thinking we bought one by compositing the completed model into a photo of my very excited wife standing in our driveway!

Update:

Haven’t been getting much time for this, but I fixed the geometry on the hood a bit and added rims and the top body-panel. I also tweaked the backdrop and lighting and fiddled around with the materials a bit. Here it is in it’s current state:

This turned out to be quite a challenge for a first time car as it’s quite a learning curve to try and figure out the best topology for a car when the bodywork is this curvy and so much of it is eyeballing from reference rather than following the blueprints! Hope it look OK so far!