How can I join two parts of this moth into a single object without losing keyframes?

I have two moth wings, each with its own rotation keyframes. I need to know how I can join both halves into a single object to use for my particle system. I’ve found that using empty doesn’t work. When I put set my emitter object to emit objects, and use my empty as the object, the moth doesn’t show up.

I also can’t join the parts using ‘join,’ because that messes up the keyframes. So how can I join these moth parts, retain the keyframes, and create a single object I can use as a particle?

Thank you!

Have you tried putting the moth objects in a collection and using the collection for the particles - without making it one object. (particle properties - render as - collection)

Yes, it only used one half of the moth.

Did you check “whole collection” in the particle settings (if not it will select only one part or pick random etc)

This is a collection of 2 planes.

1 Like

Thank you so much! This did the trick. although I realized my particle exporter won’t support collections as particles. This is helpful for the future though.

1 Like