How can I make a colour do this?

If I make let’s say, a weather event where there is a snowstorm, the surrounding mist fades to light grey, and when the snowstorm has finished, the mist fades back to a desired colour, like aqua. The speed can be adjusted via a game property or global dictionary. How can I achieve a fading colour effect that can fade to a set colour I would like it to, whether it be by colour property (a tuple) or by global dictionary?

Example: Link defeats Tentalus in Zelda Skyward Sword - mist slowly fades from dark grey-blue to orange-yellow as sun comes out.

This happens with Python, but I don’t know exactly how to code this in.

you can animate colors and play them as animations, or use a dictionary with color sets, but keep in mind that for parameters such as the fog-world of the scene, the alpha channel may not be used and in the color assignment you must specify three color values in the RGB channel. The easiest way to assign a color based on the data from the dictionary -
color_dict = {“R”:[1.000, 0.000, 0.000], “G”:[0.000, 1.000, 0.000], “B”:[0.000, 0.000, 1.000]}
colors = color_dict[“R”]
own.color = colors
this is for color management fog is managed differently
scene.world.mistEnable = True or False
scene.world.mistStart = float
scene.world.mistDistance = float
scene.world.mistIntensity = float
scene.world.mistType = string
scene.world.mistColor = RGB data float
scene.world.ambientColor = RGB data float
scene.world.backgroundColor = RGB data float
if you use a lot of overlay scenes, it is better to use the scene list to control the fog and its colors and settings in a particular scene - scenes = bge.logic.getSceneList()
scenes[‘Game_Scene’].world.mistEnable = True (this is simply example)