How can I use the NLA editor with a full rotation action, to return to an idle animation?

I have a character that I’m animating at the moment that uses a fairly standard idle animation, but I’m attempting to create a jump + spin animation to add between the idling.

I’m actually having difficult with something so seemingly simple. I’m unable to blend the clips because the character just spins right back to the original rotation during the transition, but just having the action end without blending has some harsh animation clipping. What would be a typical way of dealing with this issue?

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice.

Hey, Maybe this vid will help

Curkas, wanted to know if you ever resolved this issue. I have an action of the character doing a forward roll, and an action of the character walking. When I try to fade the motion between them, what I get is the character spinning around 360 before walking. My theory is that the first animation includes a full twist, so Blender thinks the character is a full rotation off and needs to correct that. This sounds like your problem so I’m hoping you figured it out!