How disable overlapping in curve modeling?

For a 3d print job, I need to write a text with overlapping between letters.
But joinning letters make holes in the mesh ;(

I got a solution in a precedent post ( Remesh Modifier on Text create holes - #3 by Bendicott67 ) write the text in illustrator, apply a pathfinder and export in SVG and import in blender. It works, but it is really tooooooooooo complicate : There no origin and no scale. It is too random.

I though the holes were made by the remesh modifier, but in fact they are made by the overlapping between letter in curve editor.

My question : Is it possible to disable this overlapping in blender ?

untitled.blend (669.7 KB)

thanks for your help …

If You don’t mind heavy mesh, You can try to follow steps from attached screenshot.
Mesh is dense, but angled edges are still not perfect, check if this solution is good enough for you.

Make sure to remesh Your text first, and use curve or bend modifier after

Using that method You will get mesh with no holes, but You have to use most recent blender build from buildbot, because that remesh is not the same as remesh modifier

Manifold Mesh created from self overlapping Text Object converted to Mesh Object and remeshed via new remesh option, to get rid of self intersections …

Sample blendfile
remesh(1).blend 563 MB

Thank you so much for sharing your solution. How is it possible that you know the hiden remesh option in Object Data Prop :wink: !!!
My STL file for 3D printing must be < to 100 Mo… I will test with a decimate modifier if I can reach it.

Pablo does excellent job of demonstrating new features:

I found that the best results gives remesh modifier instead of decimate modifier.
So follow the steps from my 1st post and put old remesh on top of that

Sample blendfile:
remesh(2).blend 282MB

Sample exported stl:
export(2).stl 952KB

1 Like

Just Perfect ! :hugs: (sorry for my late answer, I was outside, saw your reply on my phone, but couldn’t test it on my PC)
You just save me too much time by not working whith illustrator / pathfinder/ export and import (with strange scale etc…).
So happy to work only in blender !
Thank you again. I spent too much time with differents modifier without good result…

Pfff…using remesh modifier instead of decimate modifier is just awesome. Thanx for sharing this trick